visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Realistic Weathering by Mother Nature.

Comments

• Bryan,

Thanks for sharing this photo of the shed. Extremely interesting color gradation at the base of the wall .

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Nice picture...I don't know...modeling that just like it looks...ehh...the transitions are so stark...despite prototypical, looks odd to me, almost unnatural.
  • The colors are probably darker because of all the rain we got the day before. Especially the black.
  • DSC00062
    Just picked this up a 1920's Fordson Tractor been looking for a old tractor for years.
  • Ooooo! Congratulations. Get some closeups please.
  • brownbr, I don't know how to make my pictures Larger.
  • Had the same problem on Railroad line forms... my pictures were at the max size for the forum and were not big enough....and another member used Photo shop or something else and enlarged the photo for me....I do not have the time to learn or want to at this time learn how to do that??? It's amazing my computer hasn't flew out the window Yet.
  • engine909 said:

Stand closer.

Hahaha! I needed that one today!
  • Ha Ha Ha Real Funny
  • We're getting on thin ice here. Remember the forum rules... :wink: Wasn't this thread about weathering... :smile:
  • Thank you Robert. I appreciate your thoughtful reminder.

There is absolutely no discussion about politics on this forum. There are literally thousands of forums and groups on the internet that you can go and argue about which side is better. This is a modeling forum and any mention of politics will result in immediate deletion on your post. No exceptions. Been that way since day one.
    Phew, feel better now!
  • edited November 2020
    X
  • edited November 2020
    I deleted comments that were made inappropriately... (not your comments)
  • You can call me anytime Ed and I will be delighted to explain why they were deleted...
  • No fooling
  • engine909 said:

Stand closer.

oh man.. you can always count on ed. i laughed out loud when i read that. thanks dude. life needs all the laughs it can get these days.

• I was out and about the other day and stoped to take some pictures of a old barn it is quite old being that close to the road. Just something to ponder and get some ideas.

P1030270

P1030274

P1030273

P1030260

P1030255

P1030256

P1030266

P1030265

P1030269

P1030259

P1030271

P1030252

Could be someone can get a idea or two from the old barn.

This will be my last post on this forum so everyone stay healthy and smart. ......Carl.....
  • These are great. Lots of great weathering detail to pay attention too......Rick
  • Cool barn. I think if we tried to reproduce this the thoughts might be that it has been over-weathered.

Don't like hearing your last comment Carl.
  • Trying to post a picture with my new computer and its not happening??? windows 10 had windows 7
  • Great pics. Thanks for sharing
  • Ok my first picture Post using my new computer... this shot is from inside of a run down barn in my area....I been trying to find the owner as there's a old tractor I would like to buy in a shed? on the farm.
  • DSC00728 (1) I like the colors of the stone work and wood on this barn
  • DSC00727 (1) Same Barn as last picture
  • DSC00792 (1) More silver color wood on this barn. Shot 4 barns this day and this was the last one
  • DSC00762 some interesting crumbling old brick work
  • Am just catching up on this thread....on Carl’S posting with the barn photos he said he’s done with the forum....did I misunderstand his statement????anyone heard from him?
    Terry