visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Welcome to the Off-Topic Forum!

Comments

• Bill that is a lot of hiking I do some on foot but never anything like that a great way to stay in shape.
    Carl
  • Carl, it is a great way to stay in shape and I guess that is why, at age 81, I can still do it and hope to for several years to come. But this time of year in the Pacific Northwest its impossible to get into the mountains unless you snowshoe, which I don't, so keeping the fat off becomes a challenge :) And of course, modeling doesn't help either but it sure is good for the soul!!
  • Bill 81 good for you I will be 74 very very soon my how time flies. I am blessed with out a weight issue I have been at 180 for ever.
    Carl
  • Our cat in a Sierra West shipping box. The other is one of my building partners.
    IMG_3774
    IMG_5020

• These are our other pack members. We have kids too, but the dogs run the house.

IMG_6291
    IMG_7367
  • The cat in the box No Sir I did not do it.Great looking group you have there.
    Carl
  • Great bunch...both you guys and your families...
  • edited December 2016
    Carl,

Here something different I tried.

Working with pastels gave me the idea that I could paint a picture using pastels so I gave it a try. This pastel painting took me about three hours to complete. It is 8 X 10 to give a reference for size. The white edges beside the color is the drawing surface behind the painting. I have not mastered cropping a picture yet. But with practice...

I have never done anything like this before and time flew by when I did it so it was fun. Something completely different creating 3-D on a 2-D plane.
    IMG_20160326_103904376 (640x360)
  • Wow, what a great thread this is!! I have so enjoyed seeing photos of wonderful pets, hearing of others hobbies and activities. Just wonderful and interesting. Bryan's group of "door watchers" was amazing in that they were all focused on something at the same instant. Must have had excellent training . Mitch's beautiful painting; all the pets, and Carl's descriptive posts along with Ed's, Ken's, Allan's and everyone else who kindly contribute to this great forum of a great group of Gentlemen.

(How's that for a long sentence!! My English teacher would have stroke if he saw that.)

Merry Christmas gang.

Geezerbill
  • Mitch
    I think that you will be doing Back Drops for all of the guys on the forum just wonderful. I only tried clouds with a small amount of luck. Keep it up I want to see more.
  • Dang Mitch, that is a great landscape. You could get a side gig doing backdrops for layouts.
  • I am thinking that everyone is out shopping today so have fun.Now I will show you Guys and Girls my other hobbies that I had and still get a lot of enjoyment out of the bike's and the car, The car was at Dayton Ohio for a National Convention and this is the way the cars are displayed.
    Carl DSCN6625

And Sandy's favorite time riding as a passenger.

P1000565
  • Ed, right you are...gentlemen might be a stretch Bill, but I'll take it!...thanks for that and you all are the real deal and enjoy the camaraderie.

Mitch, just an extension of your already developed artistic talent with modeling, very nice.

Carl, sweet ride for sure. If you came all the way to Dayton, OH. for a National, that must be one well restored machine. You and I share a common interest regarding classic and antique automobiles. Here are two of my cars; the one is an all original 1921 Packard Sedan and the other a 1983 MB 280SL. The other picture is a shot of my paleontology "museum" I built in my basement some years ago. I have a large invertebrate fossil collection. Haven't done much collecting in years...Oh the boys and their toys!

P6090009

P1010008

PB150004
  • Hi Ken
    I did not drive it to Oho it was a trailer Queen but we did drive it in our area. Great looking cars I have a 03 Jag convt that I never use time to shed some of the iron.

That is a wonderful display you have there how many years did it take to complete it.
    Carl
  • Not showing off Ed, just nifty to find folks with a common interest. We all seem to have our "thing" that keeps us off "the couch" and I don't mean the couch in your living room! It's all therapy...
  • Cool stuff guys! My best friends dad in High School restored Packards and was always taking us for rides. Tons of fun. Thomas and I never had the nerve to "borrow" one for a night out with our ladies...
  • My sons both legitimately borrowed the MB for prom night when they were seniors in high school. Great memories!...and that's what this "stuff" does...creates lasting memories. The animals are still the best ever...
  • Ken there is some dust on the Packard what is up with that.
    Carl
  • Ed, none taken my man!...bummer getting a car like that stolen! Karen wasn't scooting down in the seat to get closer to you...it was so no one would see her in that stoogy old car!

I must come clean, that is dust on the car. The old girl is stored uncovered in my back garage. The car is so tall I can't cover and uncover it by myself!

Back to SierraWest delectables!...here is a picture of my HO/HOn3 SWSM BlueSky Kit with the shrink wrap still on the box...am I concerned about ripping off that original wrap and building the thing?...not for a second.
  • Ken I have a great idea I will send you my kit and when you are finished with it then you can make up your mind if you want to open yours or not.
    Carl
  • Okay, okay,...purple roof, pink siding, I got it...
  • How did you know?
  • 74 Today ugh.
  • ED that is my age.
  • Wishing you a very happy birthday Carl and many, many more to come.

Geezerbill
  • Thank You Bill
  • Carl, I forgot to mention that is a beautiful 59 Ford (Fix...Or...Repair...Daily) hardtop/convertible !!! Really nice. I bought a new 56 Vic I sure did love. Oh the memories.

I also finally got it that you rode your Harley across country. Whereas my son rode around Mt Rainier in a day by pedal power.

Have a marvelous day today.

Geezerbill
  • Happy Birthday Carl...looking over some build threads on BlueSky...mulling it over...

• I am looking over the Essentials not to sure what to do next