visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Welcome to the Off-Topic Forum!

Comments

• Hi guys, there are some very detailed weathered models on a Facebook site called Abandoned miniatures for anyone that is interested.
  • Who plays scrabble without swear words??? Come on!

Have a good one Ed...
  • Hi Guy's How big are your dog's?
    Carl018
  • Riley...140 Ib. Shiloh Shepherd

PB090024
  • Great looking boy there Ken. Freida the brown goes almost 190 and Herk about200.
  • Yea, I figured your two were a good bit bigger. Somewhat of a scourge though as the big dogs don't live as long as the little "yip,yips".
  • The brown is11 and Herk is8.
  • edited December 2016
    Those are horses. Really cute one's however....

IMG_0189

Here is my 13+ yr old "yip yip" Ms. Starla. (uhmmmm 10 pounds) Her best friend is my daughters 6 yr old male tabby..... Stan. She is one awesome companion and buddy. Sorry if you ever have to pick out one of her hairs from your kits....
  • Bret your dog may think that these may be horses.But as you can see we have real horses.P1000987
    DSCN6742
    P1000992 I hope that your dog understands now.
    Carl
  • Brett...sorry about the "yip-yip" label but if the "shoe fits" kind of thing! Size certainly doesn't matter when it comes to companionship that's for sure. I'm sure I just heard Starla ask if the sweater makes her hips look big?? Now if we can get one of those horses to sit on command...their brains are bigger than dogs aren't they? Just messin with ya Carl...
  • I have had friends in my life but these critters are my best ones for sure.
    Carl
  • Carl, those dogs are huge. How bad is the shedding with that longer hair?

I have a 100 lb chocolate lab, his name is Max. He's great with kids, the kids think he's a horse. This is my youngest with him.
    IMG_2406
  • My Dogs have their own living spot a garage with heat in the floor and of course A/C I take them to the vet in the spring and they all get a buzz cut no shedding.They do not like to come in the house it is to warm for them Newf's the colder the better.
    Carl
    And just in case you are wondering yes there are six of them.
  • Wow how do you afford to feed them all?
  • They all have jobs.
    Carl
  • 50 pounds combined. The "hairy doorbell" crew.

Bryan
    image1
  • Loving this! Great pics. More! Love the "hairy doorbell".... too funny. I think we have a new Holiday tradition here. Any feline lovers in attendance?
  • Carl I did not do anything it just fell over.P1010083 (1)

Are you sure Barney?
  • Dad Barney did it.DSCN0045
  • Hah! Such a cat...
  • I thought I would add two photos of my old pup Nikki, who passed away in 2003, two months before her 15th birthday which was on Christmas day in France. She was a wonderful companion giving me glorious memories! She was one in a liter of 15, all but one lived and enjoy a great life.NIKKI 047.jpg RESIZED
  • Well They show up so I did something right.

Geezerbill
  • Hi Guys.
    How many of you have other hobbies other than this one? I like to restore 59 Ford Retractable's,Timber Framing and some wood working how about you.
    Carl
  • Loving everyone's pets. Can't be any better than this!

Geezerbill
  • One other interest for me is riding my bike across country I have made six trips so far.
    Carl
  • Great looking dog Bill so lucky to have her that long.
    Carl
  • Thank you Carl. She had a unbelievable nose for finding and pointing upland birds. She was the 34th of this breed to be brought into the states from France. Wonderful, wonderful memories!

Geezerbill
  • Carl, I do have another hobby or passion actually, which is backpacking in the mountains. Many thousands of miles of unbelievable beauty. Mostly I went by myself as I had no pals that wanted to go. My son went with me a few times, first when he was eight we hiked 93 miles around Mt. Rainier, then again when he was in high school once and again when he was in college we hiked on the Pacific Crest Trail. Otherwise I was alone but still the glory of the hikes is indescribable. I could go on forever on this subject but I sure don't want to bore anyone with it. I am looking forward to next years hiking though.

I'm sure you feel the same about your bike rides. Once across country is awesome let alone six. My goodness what a feat! My son is into bike riding a great deal also and so enjoys it. He says the toughest ride for him so far has been riding around Mt. Rainier in a day. Its called the RAMROD. The elevation gains are incredible and very long.

Geezerbill
  • Bill I hope that you know that I have done that on my Harley .
    Carl