visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Welcome to the Off-Topic Forum!

Comments

• Wishing Everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Carl
  • Back at ya guys...
  • Yup...I get it...

Thanks Ed for a "point to ponder"
  • edited November 2016
    Deep man...with that said, I guess this explains why I only have 326 Facebook friends...
  • Alan
    I have no friends on Bookface thank God.
    Carl
  • Ed
    That is the hobby in a nut shell.
    Carl
  • Carl Laskey wanted to share a picture of his New Hobby Room that he's been working on.

Hobby Room
  • That's a BIG space!!!
  • Ken
    The room is 16/24 it will be a wood shop more then a hobby room I enjoy woodworking also.
    Carl
  • That just brings tears to my eyes. I want 1 of those.
  • Great room Carl, many, many good modeling projects must come from here!

They announced the 2017 EXPO location...Altoona, PA. November 2-4, 2017. Easy drive distance for me so I'll be there...should be able to get another build or two in by then!
    Ken
  • Horseshoe curve...i understand.

I've planted myself in Lancaster, Ohio, half hour SE of Columbus. I can reach Altoona in say 3.5-4 hours.
  • I am taking orders for the shop just kidding it will turn out to be a woodworking shop.
    Well Ed I was born and raised in Philadelphia but have not lived there since went into the Marine Corps in 1960.
    Carl
  • That works out well for me. I live outside of Philadelphia it's a 3-4 hour drive for me.
  • IMG_7445
    IMG_7447
    IMG_7459

The pain and agony of my current building woes have come to a glorious end. My club asked me to build this for them and being a nice guy I did. I will admit I was flattered. The only issue was this plastic monster was probably the worst assortment of plastic bits I ever messed with in my life. I missed the wonderful manuals that Brett provides as well. Just thought I would share it with you guys. Now where did I leave off on my build thread with that old curmudgeon.
  • Great build how long did it take you to sort out all of the parts and then put everything together. I built the hotel from the guy in Ca all plastic and never again.
    Nice Work.
    Carl
  • Ed,
    There is Alabama on top and I don't think it matters who is behind them. Ohio State, Clemson and Washington are several steps behind them. I watched Ohio State throughout the year and their offense has been so weak against better teams that Alabama might get a shut out against them. That being said they have to play the games and Alabama might give it away. At least that's what their opponents hope.

Mitch
  • First snow fall of the year here in Chicago....

Winter
  • Dustin, nice work. I'm glad you will tackle plastic because I won't. Now, please get back to building your Sierra West kits. Phil
  • Hi Everyone
    This is what the shop looks like now.P1010394
  • Well I think that I have done something right with the photo's at last.
    Carl
  • That's a nice workshop Carl. Is that where you build also?
  • Hi Steve
    No I build in the house basement all of the equipment was in the basement and not enough room , So I built the shop and made some space to work on my stuff.
    Thank's for looking
  • Beautiful Carl...can't help but do good work in there!
  • edited December 2016
    Dallas is an awesome modeler and a real character. He is the founder/owner of Boulder Valley, an On30 rolling stock manuf. now retired. The Chambers build paid tribute to one hell of a man, Mike Chambers. Mike passed away from cancer and I miss him. Mike and his wife Kathy were good friends and Mike was a swsm supporter from day one. I suspect had Dallas spent more time modeling and less time "goofing off" he would have completed the build - but I also suspect Dallas had more fun playing around with his posting so no harm!!!!
  • edited December 2016
    Lol..I missed that van Gogh picture.

Now that the Christmas decorations are finally up, its back to modeling..

House
  • admin said:

Dallas is an awesome modeler and a real character. He is the founder/owner of Boulder Valley, an On30 rolling stock manuf. now retired. The Chambers build paid tribute to one hell of a man, Mike Chambers. Mike passed away from cancer and I miss him. Mike and his wife Kathy were good friends and Mike was a swsm supporter from day one. I suspect had Dallas spent more time modeling and less time "goofing off" he would have completed the build - but I also suspect Dallas had more fun playing around with his posting so no harm!!!!

I don't know if you guys are aware that Dallas is now
    general manager of Kleins (Model Train Stuff) and has shut down his operation.
  • Alan
    That is one wonderful looking home great job on the lighting.
    Carl
  • Thanks Carl. Glad its done as we are getting 6-10 inches of snow over the next 24 hours.
  • Same here Alan I am in Vermont.
    Carl