visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Welcome to the Off-Topic Forum!

Comments

• I'm so glad you have found the positives you need Ed. This is such a great forum, as you have found out, and Brett's kits are so outstanding! I just can't fathom how he makes all those tiny detail parts.
    I certainly don't do any of his kits justice but I sure do like working on them and hopefully over time, I will learn enough techniques and be able to apply them where my modeling will improve to a higher level.
    I do love the O scale kits as the details are so much more visible and I find O scale figures seem to be more available.
    Glad to see you here and enjoying it.

Bill
  • edited October 2016
    Here is the confidence I have in the Cubbies tonite.

Posted this from my phone so not sure if my picture came thru
  • engine909 said:

Kershaw must have been listening to Death Cab for Cutie. A band I have seen and actually like. Cubs and Indians, very cool. Indians get home field advantage, why you ask? Because Bud is a moron. Not the beer, which also sucks. ed behave yourself.

Bud has nothing to do with it. American league wins ALL-STAR game they get home field advantage!!

Jerry

• I see my picture I attached to my last post on this thread didnt go thru. I dont think the new forum allows for posting photos from an iPhone...can you get on that Brett! (joking)

Anyways, as a Cubs Season Ticket Holder, I was 99.98% confident the Cubs were winning game 6. Hence, I took my lunch money for the month and bet it all on the Cubbies...good thing they won or I would have had to start selling off some of my George Sellios Kits so I could eat...

Ticket
  • I know that Josh Tomlin really pitched well, but I loved the sac bunt he laid down. I think it’s great when these AL pitchers who don’t bat all year can execute better than some of these stiffs who play everyday and couldn’t get a bunt down to save their life.

And Miller and Allen are the new Gold Dust Twins. My favorite team of all-time was the 1954 Indians, (well maybe third favorite after the 1987 and 1991 Twins). The Tribe won 111 games (in a 154 game season)- won pennant by 8 games over a Yankee team that won 103. Their featured duo out of the bullpen were Don Mossi and Ray Narleski, the original GD Twins.

What an exciting and tense game. While it wouldn’t be the end of the world if the Cubbies won, I really want the Indians to win. I’ve a hunch the Cubs are so loaded they are going to win a few titles in the next few years.
  • Football is done. Between the idiot in SF kneeling during the National Anthem (annual salary over 20 mil with signing bonus, and lets be honest, he's not very good) and the play under review delays????? Don't even get me started on baseball... All I want is Fox to stop showing close-ups of Francona gnawing and chewing. But they won't!!! - ok, I'm gonna get caught up on Westworld on hbo tonight and shameless on showtime...
  • I only watch a couple "crap" shows like shameless and it has gotten unwatchable the last couple of seasons. long wait till GOT..... and yeah, I watched the game last night but am wondering where the cubs went?
  • Yogi said "It's not over until it's over" but it looks like it's over for the Cubs. Being from Ohio this does not upset me.
  • So game 7 tonight. If you've been following the Cubs, you might be aware of this barber who shaves Cubs images into people's heads. He got to meet Jake Arietta after cutting this one into his kid's hair:

Cubs

TMZ put up a gallery of his work:
    http://www.tmz.com/photos/2016/10/28/chicago-cubs-buzzed-hair-art-photos/images/2016/10/27/chicago-cubs-hair-cuts08-jpg

Anyway, the guy's name is Miguel Rosas and he's a listener to my radio show. If the Cubs win tonight, he's coming into the studio tomorrow to shave a Cubs logo into my producer's head (my producer HATES the Cubs and bet that they'd lose in the World Series). This poor kid is HATING life right now because he's resigned to the fact the he'll probably be going home with a crappy hair cut tomorrow morning.

We shall see!
  • The guy is pretty cool. A couple years ago, he was messing around and just for fun, he shaved the KFC logo into his nephew's head. The manager of the KFC in Moline took a picture of it and sent it to the corporate office who in turn hooked Miguel up with free KFC dinner coupons FOR LIFE!

KFC
  • The guys work is cool and it would be fun to watch him shave your producers head!!!!
  • Great story Bill! The guy is an artist for sure. I would guess your producer wears a hat as much as he can.

Bill
  • Working out the logistics Ed to get there. Would love to see a contingency of SWSM fanatics get together out there...
  • Not sure I can make the Denver Convention. I'll have to choose between the Finescale show and the Narrow Gauge convention.

However, the 2018 Narrow Gauge is in Minneapolis and I'll for sure head up to that one.
  • Don't get me wrong...I'd love to go but my work schedule might conflict. If you haven't been to the Finescale show, make sure to check it out. It's completely devoted to craftsman kits.
  • Hi Guy's
    Do any of you listen to Pandora well there is a fellow who name is Cowboy Jack Clement who has a song called I have a thing about trains check it out and let me know what you think.
    Carl
  • ed, if you are that close to the Suncoast Center you had better get there soon. It is a treat you won't soon forget. I think they are open one day per month- their website has the schedule. Some really great guys who will treat you well. You'll see some great SWSM builds on display and at least three operating layouts. I had the pleasure of going for the first time with Bill a couple of years ago.

If it is the photo I think it is I am at the end of the table, to my immediate right is Jon Addison (Brett named one of his boat kits after him- and Jon's great layout the Sn3 "Silverton Central" is on display at the Suncoast. Dustin Hedrick, Coors2U is at the far left of the photo. Everybody should go to the Expo, a great show and a lot of fun.
  • Where is everyone?
  • I think the Shirtless guy was probably Brett...he use to be really crazy before he moved back to Texas and became Mr Mom.
  • nextceo said:

I think the Shirtless guy was probably Brett...he use to be really crazy before he moved back to Texas and became Mr Mom.

It's hard to imagine there can be so many inaccuracies in such a short statement, but there is... So I'll simply the address the most egregious of them now. I was "Mr Mom" long before I moved back to Texas...
  • I could definitely could see Brett rocking the ratty flannel and chasing the vacuum around the house. Just like Micheal Keaton in Mr Mom.
  • And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Wife Ed and to all the rest of the forum members and their families!

Geezerbill
  • Ditto...Dr. Grunge...
  • I Love Thanksgiving and the Fourth of July! Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!
  • Do we want to know what you put into your stuffing Brett?
  • Happy thanks giving to all my American friends. Hope you and your families have a wonderful time.
  • Thanks Wes, same to you and yours...Ken
  • Thank you, Wes. Thank you for the good thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the members of this wonderful forum.
  • MikeM said:

Do we want to know what you put into your stuffing Brett?

What? Why? C'mon.... you know, the usual. Powdered artist chalk, Reaper paints, and of course alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol....

• edited November 2016
    Is that all? From your original comment I'd have thought you'd have at least one M-80 in there somewhere... Happy Thanksgiving all!