visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

2016 National Narrow Gauge Convention

Howdy.

O'Neills Fabrication is present at the 2016 NNGC.

Jaime

edit: well, my first attempt to post a photo to the new forum format from my phone failed

Comments

• Here are the pics from Jaime - Thanks... That O'Neills looks familiar!

jz001
    jz002
  • Is that Mike's build? Phil
  • Looks good angled on the base
  • KCSTrains said:

Is that Mike's build? Phil

Yes. This is Mike Engler's model.

Jaime
  • Thanks for sharing the photos Jamie. Is there any other Sierrawest Builds in the Contest Room?
  • nextceo said:

Thanks for sharing the photos Jamie. Is there any other Sierrawest Builds in the Contest Room?

Yes. There is one other contest entry.

Jaime
    SWSMentry_IMG_1738
  • edited September 2016
    Congrats to Mike Engler for taking 1st place in square foot category of the Modeling contest with O'Neills Fabrication.

Jaime
  • edited September 2016
    Awesome Mike! Super happy for you. Very well deserved! Thanks Jaime for the timely update.
  • Good Morning
    Great job Mike just keep it going. The other two Sierra West kits there were the Addison and the Tractor and Repair shed both entered by me. The contest room was very dark Mike and I had to go out and buy lighting for our displayed models,I was put behind the door so when you came in the register table was right across from me. They did have one more table but was not able to use it

There was about 90 % O gauge vendors there not a lot of HO, But all in all I had a nice time the only other item that I think should be addressed is a Class for O scale Dioramas and one for HO, Well enough out of me.

Have a Great Day
    Carl
  • Hey Carl,

Do you have any other photos of your 2 entries that you could post on the forum? I'm sure we'd all like to see them.

Alan
  • Alan

I will have to read up on how to post a picture on the form I am not very good at the technology so bear with me.

Carl
  • Hi Everyone
    I haven't had any luck downloading the resize link that bill put up, I have a I Mac so not to sure what to do so any help would help.
    Carl
  • Carl, I use Picasa to resize my photos on my Mac. I resize to 800x600 pixels. Here is a link to a tutorial I made on that:
    http://www.kitforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7055

Jaime
  • Jaime
    They have retired Picasa from Google now what?
    Carl
  • You may be able to find an older version of Picasa here:
    http://download.cnet.com/Picasa/3000-2193_4-10906661.html

There is a way to resize images from Photos on the Mac but I quit using Photos years ago so I am not sure how that's done.

Jaime
  • Carl, I use a Mac also. When I post pics here I export the photo as a jpeg using high resolution, medium size. I park it on my desktop and drag it into a "posts" folder I created in Photo...Im not a fan of the new Photo.
  • Carl,

Assuming the photos on your iMac are stored in a library in OS X Photos and based on Photos v. 1.5 (OS X v. 10.11.6 El Capitan) which I am using, then:

In Photos select the photo you wish to export;
    On the main menu bar select: File -> Export;
    In the resulting Dialog Box: touch the "Photo kind" pull-down toggle and select the photo format you require (options for JPEG, TIFF or PNG);
    In this same Dialog Box select the down-arrow to the right of the "Photo kind" box which expands the options in this Dialog Box;
    Then touch the "Size" pull-down toggle and select Custom (located at the bottom of the list) which opens an additional set of options in a sub-box;
    In this sub box touch the "Max" toggle and select the controlling parameter (options for Width, Height or Dimension);
    And then input the required value in pixels in the "of: ............ px" data entry zone below the "Max" selection.

NOTE:
    1] This also works with a selected batch of photos although I suggest that until you are comfortable with all the details of this process you batch export only like orientation (landscape vs. portrait) photos when using the "Custom" export tool.
    2] The Export tool settings do not affect the selected photo(s) in the Photos library.
    3] Photos has some fairly powerful capabilities but they are not all immediately obvious unless you are familiar with the program details.

A bit long-winded but I hope this helps.

For what it is worth I have not yet updated to OS X v. 10.12 Sierra so I cannot help (yet) with the latest version of Photos.
  • Carl,

If you email myself or Brett the photos, we can post them for you.

Alan
  • Alan and Brian M
    Thank you for your time and offering to help so tomorrow I am going to give it a try I will have to learn it one of there days.
    Carl