visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Opinions please

edited July 2016 in HO Scale Builds
First a little background. I'm modeling a logging line circa 1925. It's quite sucessfill so the boss is kinda a stickler for upkeep soooo.....

I'm attempting Brett's engine and car service area. I tried the peeled paint routoine several different ways ( timing different tapes , etc ) and just can't get it. What I did come up with is what I think looks like faded white paint that is ready for a repaint. I never have liked the well worn weathered look ( no offence Brett ) but love SWSM kits otherwise. HHere4s a pic of what I came up with. Not quite a weathered as the peeling paint look but obviously not new. Photo attached ( I hope ) . What say you ?image

Comments

• The completed front wall. In real life it's more a faded pale blue than white. I tried to get it rough enough that it didn't look newimage
  • Based upon your description and criteria I think you have exactly what you were looking for.
  • I think the tones look great. I like the aging that shows up in the first pic.
  • Dwight, good example of why Brett's products lead the industry by leaps and bounds. This kit and all others are designed to be built to suit the taste of the modeler. Your Loco and Service Shops is going to look terrific as a newer less run down structure than someone else might model. Nothing dictates that your concept is incorrect or not in keeping with the design. However, I wouldn't hang a neon sign over those awesome engine house doors though!!...Ken
  • No neon ??????? How about some porcelain ?
  • Porcelain...yes porcelain would be good...old, chipped and grungy though...