visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New Website look

I have to say I really like the new look of the website. Everything is laid out were it is easy to find. I especially love the Gallery section. Lots of new pic of some fantastic work. Great job on the Website Brett. I am sure a lot of work has been put into it and you can really tell.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I too agree with Dustin's comments. The Website looks Awesome! Especially like the bright new pictures of your various kits...

Alan
  • Well done Brett. Very bright and a 'clean' sweep.
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks much, I am really happy with the new site. I still have quite a bit of content to add over the coming weeks, especially the older kit pages and the new forum.
  • I like it too. Looks more professional, everything loads up nicely!
  • Brett,

The new site is great. Very modern looking. It has been working fine on multiple devices from my Samsung Note 4 to my iPad to my PC. Great job.

Frank
  • Love the new website too Brett. Works well on my phone and laptop.
  • Love the new look !
  • Well done Brett, such a pleasure to peruse. Look forward to giving your "Cart" a workout.

Ken
  • edited July 2016

In the News section is there any way to use a darker color font? Not as black as the fonts that appear elsewhere and for me not as readable.
  • Yes, I will change the type to black in the news section...
  • The web site is as one would expect, first class. It's a joy to look at.
  • edited July 2016
    Brett, excellent job on the web site. I did run into a problem I was going to call you about.

When I ordered a kit, the form pulled down my first name not the my last name. No big deal just wanted to let you know. Everything else worked flawlessly when ordering.

I really like the pictures that are loaded of the builds from the forum.
    Lots of talented people with excellent instructions and teaching you do in the manuals. Very well done. Thank you for what you do!

Jim
  • Lots of time and resources went into my new website and forum. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Means the world to me!
  • As one who can become memory-challenged about submitted reservations (e.g. for the upcoming foundry) is there any way you could add reservations in effect as an element for display in the shopping cart? If there's already a way to show reservations maybe all I need is assistance finding that information.
  • good suggestion. don't want to make that a shopping cart item since it's a reservation not an actual order but I'll see what is available in form histories. Never saw anything like that however...
  • edited July 2016
    Totally dig the new look....super easy to navigate....I agree that if there was some way to confirm a reservation it would be good....along that line...I reserved an "O" scale O Neils.....am I on your list?....and just FYI I have two of your kits going into the contests at the National Narrow Gauge.. will post the builds after the show....
  • Would appreciate it if the text immediately below a poster's name could be in a color a little less than white/transparent (what is that a shade of?). I like to use those dates to help keep track of how fast a thread is evolving and since the switch to the new site I can't read them (I don't do subtle shading online well).
  • Can't change that color Mike.
  • New is good.

Jaime
  • I've noticed occasionally when I get into this blog for the first time in the morning there may be a message thread with a new entry but the thread does not have the usual new posting yellow flag. The thread has been migrated to the top of the stack and there may be other threads below it with the flag; this is not a consistent problem, just once in a while. Don't know if it could be a browser issue but FWIW I use Firefox 48.0.2, 64-bit under Win10 Pro.
  • edited September 2016
    Yep, I saw the same thing this morning with the 91 vs 70 alcohol thread...no yellow bar which indicates a new message I hadn't seen.