visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Duluth Company

When talking with Brett today about something else I said, "By the way, yesterday I just finished my build of Duluth," and he said he hadn't seen a finished one in a long time. I don't think I've ever seen pictures online of another one built so here are a few I took yesterday. By the way, I love taking pictures in natural sunlight! They were all taken with my iPhone. Three of the four I applied some filtering and all four cropped a little. I like to "frame" the picture when taking it but when built on a base it's easier to crop a little after taking the shot. I also renamed it The Gill Company named after my mom and step-dad's company. I scanned their business card to resize in Photoshop to use on the sign.
It fits perfectly on a spur on the edge of my layout up front! It will be structure number 9 out of 12 for my AP Structures Certificate.

-Jim.

imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Excellent modeling, love the pics in the sunlight. The colors are so right... Thanks for sharing with us!
  • Nice work Jim, I'm drawn to pics 1 & 3 especially, the natural light really shows your model off. Such a great design and the lighting emphasizes it in your model so well.

Karl.A
  • Thanks for the complements. It's one of the "lesser known" kits but still produces great results and fits perfectly in a tiny spot on my layout!

-Jim.
  • Great job Jim. This is the kit that I bought already built at a train show. It lead me to this site and the rest is history. Phil
  • Jim, great modeling and photography. I also liked your custom sign a lot.

I built the Duluth Co. a long time ago- I think it might have been my first of many SWSM kits (12?). Here are front and back of mine. Most noticeable to me is how far the art of decorating castings has come- thanks to folks like Brett Gallant, Karl Allison, Kevin O'Neill, and Dave Revelia, to name just a few.

• Nudge...
  • Looks great..... its on my list to do.... the wife bought this for me for a bday gift