visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SWSM Loco and Service Shops (1:87 scale)

2»

Comments

• Thanks much Leonard, it is a fantastic kit that's for sure.
  • Oh, WOW, Ken. Just saw these pictures. Absolutely mind boggling. The attention to detail is beyond anything I have ever seen before. Truly a masterpiece. I only found this because I am scratchbuilding an engine and car shop in HO. One of the details I am adding is the inspection pit, I remember you had one on this model, and came looking for some ideas. Then I hit this thread. Congrats on your win at the show, well deserved. I took mine to Houston and didn't even get a mention. I saw Karl's (UKGuy) O scale of the same, and that was also a mind blowing experience. We got together one evening, along with the guys from BEST models and Roger Malinowski and wife for a couple of beers. Fantastic night.
  • Hey Tony, long time! Thanks so much for the kind words and I'll tell you, I really miss working on the Loco & Service Shops. I had so much fun building that diorama and to me at the top of the list of Brett's finest kits. Karl's scratch O Scale version is spectacular and one I must see in person. Heopefully it's poised to be at the EXPO in November. I have seen your scratch build so far and love how you pulled off the green color of the siding. Very well done and the weathering is really nice. Trust I will have a similar experience with the crew at the EXPO...talk again soon. Ken
  • I found your pictures, Ken, had them on a memory stick I almost forgot about. I have to admit, Brett has imbedded his talents into all of us I think. If it wasn't for the engine shed build I did, I wouldn't have had the knowledge to be able to do what I wanted on my present build. He is an inspiration to us all which goes far beyond just his kit building. Glad you have seen my build and am following along. I can't compete with your talents, I am still blown away with the finished pictures you posted.
  • edited October 2017
    Glad you have the pictures Tony. For sure, Brett's in a league all his own both as a person and as a premier craftsman kit manufacturer. We all benefit from his talents that's for sure.

Thanks much for the kind words Tony, and as I mentioned the Loco & Service Shops is a kit I will always remember building...so, so much fun...now get back to work!...Ken
  • Ken. any chance of setting up your model with a plain background and artificial lighting, for new photos.
  • I’ll work on that...my indoor lighting needs upgrading so good excuse to get that done, thanks.
  • Ken - modeling, quite simply, doesn’t get any better than this. Easy to see why you think so highly of this particular kit. Breathtaking.
  • edited September 2018
    Well thanks George. Yeah, this kit remains my all time favorite for many reasons as we discussed. I haven't built them all...yet!...so that may change in due time...Keep me/us posted on what you decide, and the deciding is a whole bunch of fun in itself.