visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

2016 Fine Scale Expo Meet 'n Greet

Several from this forum have asked if there was any type of get-together for members of the Sierra West Forum at the EXPO in Peabody MA next week. There will be a "forum" party for everybody from the Modeler's Forum, the Sierra West Forum, RRLine forum, etc. on Friday April 1st, at the convention hotel, the Doubletree in Danvers, at 6:15 pm. There will be a cash bar in the "Living Room" on the main floor of the hotel just past the Starbucks.

Traditionally forum members at the EXPO and other shows have gotten together for a short social gathering or mixer so that they could actually meet in person rather than just through cyber-space posts. We found out that typically modelers belong to several of these forums. If you can join us, post here with your real name as well as your forum name so that we can have name tags. Forty-four have signed up so far on the Modeler's Forum site, so indicate if you already are included in the count.

I also have tentatively reserved a couple of tables for ten or more for dinner at the nearby Tradewinds (in the hotel) if the Sierra West guys want to have dinner together, about 7:00 pm following the meet n' greet party. Let me know your interest in doing that as well.

Comments

• I am so bummed I am going to miss the show. I hope everyone going has a blast and I am expecting a full report. Have a beer for me and Karl at the meet n' greet...
  • I'll be at the meet and greet, but not the dinner. Real life name is Art Bloomer....see you all there!
  • I am hoping that a decision is made for the next one to be in 18 months rather than 2 years. My reasoning being that I would love to attend but would find the expected weather in the NE US in March difficult to deal with. Living in the tropics I do not have enough warm clothes to cross the road in Boston if snowing etc but when I was in Boston mid October last year the weather was fine.
  • Just do what I do Michael and stay at the bar, no need for warm clothes unless the serving staff are a little 'frosty'.

Cant decide which would be better in the NE US.... March or Nov, both suck if you are used to warmth.

Its all about the modeling and the comeradery any way, I'd suffer a blizzard to see Mike E again next week if I could.

Karl.A
  • Mike, I believe I signed up through the Modeler's Forum, but my real name is Phil Pesek. Yes, I would be interested in going to dinner.
  • Hey Mike, I'm going to plan on making the mixer...Ken
  • Hi Karl.A
    I wondered what part of the UK you are in, maybe catch up for a beer? I shall be in UK September, Oxford and Manchester and then by rail to Marrakesh.
    My email downunder is pearce@iprimus.com.au
  • Hi Michael, I now live in Mississippi. I was originally from a town 15miles outside Manchester, midway between Liverpool and Manchester called Warrington. I appreciate the chance to catch up for a beer, hopefully someday in the future, unfortunately I wont be in the UK for September. I hope you have a great and safe trip over there though.

Karl.A