visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Logging & Tractor Repair Shed in O Scale

1235»

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Thanks for the comments boys. Hey Kenny, I think for your next build you should try an O Scale Project. We actually would be able to see all of your awesome detail work without having to use a magnifying glass.
  • Alan, wonderful modeling! I just love your builds and great scenery! Thanks for the explanation of your tree construction. Just fantastic modeling.

Geezerbill
  • Great scene, I do believe you've captured that get real feel too it.
  • Outstanding, quite insperational.
  • Warm lighting sets it off and tells a story, very cool. Ingenious on the cigar packs.
  • Your work spurs me on to do "Logging and Tractor Repair Shed" in O scale, if I can find one. Fit right in on the Chaffee Branch.
  • edited April 2017
    Been a while since I posted an update...on display is one of Brett's awesome looking Hand Carts.

TractrorShed
  • The hand cart looks right at home in this great scene.
  • Alan, I like the entire scene. So realistic!!! Phil
  • Great job Alan. Love the green cabinet...wouldn't have thought to use that color but it looks really nice! Is that a rifle I see propped up there? Very well done...make sure you post a picture of that hand truck with the correct size wheels when you get them...had to poke at ya a bit...Dirt on tractor cleats is perfect...perfect blend of group castings with individual ones...seamless...can't tell which is which...yes, I see the rag over the tire...gee whizz...
  • Thanks for the comments...Yes Kenny...good eye. That's the rifle that Cetus used on his lunch break to shoot at the Red Crossing Switch which can been seen in the side pic of the Repair Shed. Lol..yes, the wheels are way to big on the hand cart..but not knowing any better, went ahead and mounted them anyways. I believe the US Postal Service is sending me the correct wheels as we speak.
  • edited April 2017
    Was going to go until I saw the forecast. Ended up eating the tickets...Surprised they now playing..it rained a lot here all afternoon.
  • Beautiful work !
    So much to comment on and admire, but, despite the great work on everything else my eye keeps getting drawn to the 'muddy' tractor wheel.

I suppose it stands out to me because it's usually something overlooked, I love that, it makes a huge difference.
    I'm sure it was mentioned earlier in the thread but I haven't read back yet, so, as a new observer I wanted to mention it.

Karl.A
  • Yes 909,
    I have known and admired Alan's work for a long time.

Karl.A
  • Thanks for the comments Ed and Karl. I'm expecting to have this thing wrapped up before the end of June. A lot of the Mini Scenes that are found around this diorama were inspired by a few of the Brian Nolan dioramas and your (Karl's) Engine House Build.
  • You guys are all so talented, every time I think I have a favorite build, I see a new one!
  • Beautiful work.

Jerry
  • edited August 2017
    Figured I should post an update on this build since its been a "little" while. Not done yet, but getting close. I also plan on bringing it to the NGC at the end of the month...

Alan

Tank2
  • Beautiful work Alan. The topography is just amazing. Love that drain pipe.
  • Alan, you are to be really commended for making the topography part of the 'story' of the diorama. There is a very cool consistency to all aspects of what you are doing that makes this very believable. Well done,
    Mark
  • Landscape architecture at its finest! Well done Alan
  • Alan, you are the master of topography. In fact, you've given me some ideas about the topography I'm currently working on. Thank you. Phil
  • Same thing I say about wood goes for the land around your structures.....look around....and copy the real thing......and you have done just that.....Outstanding work!
  • Fantastic work Allen. Looking forward to more pictures when you have time. Lots of details and work you have done to take in!
    Jim
  • edited August 2017
    Hey Gents, thanks for all the nice comments. I'll be posting "Final Photos" here sometime after the NGC Show. For those of you that want to see it in person, I'll be bringing it to the Narrow Gauge Convention at the end of the month. Here is a "Mock Up" of what the Final Photos will look like with the Backdrop I've chosen...

Alan

Backdrop
  • That looks awesome.

Perhaps just a hint of something trickling out of the drain pipe would be interesting.
  • edited August 2017
    Like the idea on the trickling of water. I think I'll add that and see how it looks. I might make the water look a little oily as it was actually installed so the guys in the Repair Shed could throw used engine fluids down it when working on the tractors.

Thanks for the input.

Alan
  • I have admired your posts on this project for the scenery. Tough to beat.
  • love the scenery so much, can't wait to see tons more pics after Denver!