visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Logging & Tractor Repair Shed in O Scale

Comments

• Great job Alan, you are now the official lighting aficionado!
  • lol...yeah, their hitting isn't looking so good right now.
  • No darn it, the hitting sucks!

Bill
  • A.m.a.z.i.n.g.
  • Outstanding!!!
    When you added the Gallery Glass on the LED's, what effect did it have on the intensity?
  • Thanks guys for the comments. No real change in the intensity since the color I used is called Crystal Clear
  • edited November 2016
    Alright, finally finished up the interior. I'm now in the process of adding the roofs.

Shed1

Shed2

You cant have a Repair Shed in the Great Depression Era without a few packs of Lucky Strike Cigarettes laying around. I made these along with other cans and boxes by googling the words "Miniature Printies"...Yes Printies. Below is the file for the packs of smokes. Yellow Packaging is from the 20s-30s while the White Packaging is from the 40s-60s. I simply opened the file in the Program Paint and resized the image to fit the scale I was modeling.

Shed3

Cigarettes1
  • outstanding.... love the cig packs
  • Alan I really like your "night time" interior shots. I can see a little light in the cracks between the exterior boards but I have to look for them. Good photography.

By the way, the scenes are very realistic.
  • Superb modeling Alan. Wonderful details right down to the Lucky Strikes. Love the the shop car and welding cart.
  • Alan
    I am speechless your work is just outstanding.
    Carl
  • Thanks Brett, Mitch, Kenny and Carl for the comments.

Alan
  • Alan, your modeling is just great. Such complete and realistic scenes that all flow together so smoothly! Absolutely wonderful.

Bill
  • Lol...Thanks Bill and Ed.
  • Fantastic! Home run on the folds of the rag draped off the edge of the tractor deck.
    Cigarette packages!?!? Brilliant!!

• Thanks Billy. Cant wait to see pictures of your latest "Master Piece".
  • edited December 2016
    Still working thru the scenery. Spent the last day building trees and adding ground cover. To construct the trees, I ordered some sage brush off of ebay. I then ordered some Supertree material and spray painted it gray and brown. I next sprayed the supertree materiel with hair spray (used as an adhesive) and finished up by sprinkling on Noch leaves before gluing the Supertree material to the Sage Brush. I'll sprinkle on a darker color leaf first and then come back with a little bit of a lighter color leaf. The variation adds a nice depth to the tree. The bushes are made the same way expect without the Sage Brush.

Shed
  • Very nice Alan thanks for posting.
    Carl
  • Alan, your landscaping is always first rate. Thanks for the suggestion of where to find sage brush. Also, thanks for the explanation. Very realistic. Phil
  • The king of terrain comes through! Nice teaser photo Alan. Looking really nice and can't wait to see the rest...Ken
  • More!!!!
  • edited December 2016
    Thanks for the comments guys. Most of the diorama is still under construction so there isnt anything else to show that's been completed.
  • Alan
    Just tell them that I am posting the photo's and they will understand the long delay.
    Carl
  • Hey Carl, did you ever figure out how to upload photos on your iMac?
  • edited December 2016
    Here are a few more pictures.

The First Picture is entitled "Karl's Junk Pile". This is in memory for Karl Allison who was the master at Junk Scenes. Seeing that he's MIA with no ETA on returning, this ones for you Karl.

Shed1

The Second Picture is entitled "Kenny's Shooting Range". If you look closely, you'll see Kenny was bored the other day (because he's finished with his O'Neills Build and has nothing to do) so he decided to use the Railroad Signal on my diorama for target practice.

Shed2
  • Alan I did get one of the shop but I have not been able to do it again I am not computer expert.
    Carl
  • nextceo said:

Hey Carl, did you ever figure out how to upload photos on your iMac?

I know I'm not the Carl addressed in that post but I had the same issue sizing pics for upload on my MacBookPro. Here's my workaround: I emailed the pics from the MacBook to my iPhone, then emailed them back at the correct size for this site. I believe it's the "medium" size option. I then put the jpgs into a folder on the desktop and uploaded them by using the blue icon in the comments block. Hope this helps Mac users.

• Oh but Alan...I'm deep in thought, strategizing and mulling over my next project possibilities. This still leaves time to harass your build here! I also shot out one of your windows. Great junk scenes, I love the wheel barrow and excellent arrangement of the details which is harder than it looks for those that haven't. I hope "Karl's Junk Pile" smells a little bit...hopefully poke him out of retirement!
  • Ed
    I am going to call apple support and have them go through it with me and I also have a backup plus Slim with all of the pictures from my old mac and I am a little shy on how to do the transfer so there may be a chance they will help me with that.
    Being a Highliner for 38 years I have no computer skills.
    Thanks for your time
    Carl
  • Love this, Alan. I hesitate to label you the new "junk man", but if the title fits...
    Terrific work!