visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Logging & Tractor Repair Shed in O Scale

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Here is a quick update on the Tractor scene...
  • That's wonderful Alan, love the textures so much...
  • Lol...your little sayings make my laugh. Thanks for the post.
    Alan
  • Wow - being compared to Big Papi is quite an honor...
  • Not to get off topic but why would Ortiz retire...he's hitting over .300 and has 37 HRs and 124 RBIs...I know he'll be 41 in November but heck man, keep goin'...
  • Cubs Season ticket holder so unfortunately, I dont think its going to be in the cards for him to win The Series this year...it's my Cubs turn after waiting 108 years.

Here's a quick update on the build...

Trac
  • edited September 2016
    Just waiting on the dirt to dry so I can finish up the details to the side of the shed and then I'll be able to add some weeds and grass...

Progress
  • Well, that's some incredibly nice work there Alan... and photography!
  • Love the mood shot Alan, beautiful...great progress and shaping up wonderfully...Ken
  • Thanks Kenny. Yep, Jose Fernandez would have been a FA at the end of the year and was in line for 100MM+ contract.
  • Alan, I just finished catching up on this wonderful build of yours. It is stunning to say the least! Everything seems so real. I really like the way your oil bottles turned out. The "Cat" is special! The track plates color are as real as I remember them along with the mud on them. I still have one Cat to build for my layout and I am going to follow your lead on it. I also like the barbed wire fence. It blends in so well with your scene. Very, very wonderful modeling.

Bill
  • Thanks for the nice comments Bill...yep, the Cat kit is a really fun kit to build. What's so great about the O Scale Repair Shed kit is it's a collection of actually 3 different kits plus a bunch of neat looking castings that create a super looking diorama.
  • Here is a quick update before the Cubs play.

The 1st pic is to show you that I'm not slacking...just busy adding all the interior details.

Structure

The 2nd pic I call...Sleeping Tractor.

Sleeping Tractor

That is all for now...
  • Wow that really looks great Alan.
  • VERY nice indeed Alan.

Bill
  • Really looks good Alan. Your scenic work is incredible. You are the master at topography. The way the ground levels change and the transitions are flawless. The grass looks great...Ken
  • yeah, I agree with Ken's comments. However good your modeling is as a whole, (and it's excellent) the way you integrate the structures and surrounding elements into the topography is just fantastic...
  • Hey Gang, thanks for the nice comments.
  • Coming along nicely Alan. The groundwork with the different elevations add so much to the already wonderful scene.
  • Next time we get together Alan, 2017 EXPO?, you're going to have to school me on the finer aspects of your ground work...just love it.
  • edited October 2016
    Thanks Kenny. Word is there may not be another Expo. I will however be at the Narrow Gauge Convention in Colorado next year. Already booked my room...and actually they are almost booked up. I plan to bring the current Sierrawest Build - Repair Shed in O Scale as well as my Repair Shed and Machine Shop dioramas in HO Scale.
  • Whaat! Where and how did you hear that news? I'll have to mull over the trip to Colorado. Would love to see your dioramas...Ken
  • Alan
    Great workmanship in every phase of your modeling.
    Thank You for the postings.
    Carl
  • edited October 2016
    Here is a picture of the 5 Lamps I just installed. The entire step by step process on how I did that can been found in the Lighting Clinic Thread. In addition to those 5 lights, I also installed a couple of simulators. The first one is a Welding Simulator that flickers for 30 seconds and then shuts off for 90 seconds and then repeats. The second one can be found in the back of the shed at the Blacksmith Hearth. Here I installed a Furnace Simulator where the orange lights slowly get brighter and then dimmer to simulate glowing embers.

Thats all for now...

Night1

Night2
  • Love the warm yellow color in contrast to the welding's blue-cold color.
  • Looks great with the lights.
  • Looks fantastic Alan. The lights really add to the realism.
  • Thanks Alan for sharing the "how to". Really nice looking lights with a superb build.

Bill
  • Thanks for the nice comments. Yeah, after studying the pictures I posted I noticed a blueish / white tint coming from the light at the back of the shed. Have to figure out what's causing that. I have a feeling one of the LEDs are the wrong color meaning it is a manufacturer issue.