visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Twin tractors diorama

edited January 2015 in O Scale Builds
When I built the Logging and Tractor Repair shed, I did not include the Cat and Bates tractors in the diorama because they were too modern for the 1890's O scale logging layout I plan to build using Sierra West Scale Models. I built both tractor kits and incorporated them in a diorama (see pictures). The Cat tractor is pulling a Wiseman Model Service #544 Logging Arch, to which I've added two logs. The diorama is pretty much complete except that I would like to add O scale figures of drivers for the two tractors. Any suggestions for where I might buy such figures?

I'm now building the O scale sawmill. Just started the walls yesterday. It is an amazing kit.

Comments

• Great to see these two beautiful tractors got a home. You did a great job on them.
    Do you have any closer shots?
    It sure looks cold where you are, thanks for braving the elements and sharing your work with us.

Karl.A
  • Those are really great pictures. Thank you for showing us. Do you have any in progress photos?

Respectfully,

John Maguire
    Seattle
  • I do not have a digital camera that takes good close up pictures. I live in Eureka, Montana. It gets cold up here at times. We have had a lot of snow in the last week or so. Have not taken any progress photos on the sawmill yet.
  • Great little diorama! Yes, I've had to "change era" to accommodate vehicles etc. Can be tricky.