visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Sierra West Sawmill Complex

edited November 2014 in HO Scale Builds
Here is the current state of my homage to Brett.

Barry Dupler

Comments

• Hi Barry,

Welcome aboard! . . . Lots of great fun and wizard quality builders here as you've noticed!

Please post that photo again for us.

Respectfully,
    John Maguire
    Seattle
  • wow, great scene.
    If you right click the photo and select open in new tab you can see it. well worth the look. More photos please.
    cheers
    Dave
  • Barry, a distinguished gathering that's for sure! Nicely done and what a treat to see all those SWSM structures in one setting. Ken
  • wicked! you are sick but I like it!!
  • Is the wigwam burner scratch built or from a kit? Been hoping someday Brett would come out with one of his own (which I know is unlikely). Beautiful scene, make sure you post more photos as you fill in the missing scenery.
  • I still can't see the photo
  • Me neither ....?
  • Try right-clicking on the tiny image and see if you get a pop-up menu with a "View Image" option in it. With Firefox at least I can select that option and it will pop up a much larger version; to get back to the forum you then click your back button (however you have that set up [I have a mouse button which does that for me]).
  • that's a very nice looking layout you have going there.
  • Beautiful . . .

John
  • What a great scene.. WOW
  • Absolutely awesome - they're all there! What a great layout!
  • Really wonderful.
  • edited April 2015
    Here are some new photos of the sawmill complex. My layout was open for the Sn3 symposium and I was honored to have Mike Engler pay a visit. He, Carl Lasky and Elliot Moore were instrumental in convincing me to begin this project.

• Thanks for the update. Beautiful layout.
  • Great update Barry. Fantastic looking layout.
    The many hours you have put into it were definatly worth it, superb.

Karl.A
  • Thank you both for your kind words

Barry
  • Most impressive and very enjoyable to see, even in pics!!! Hope to see it in person one day...
  • I like this allot. Your work is superb. I also would like to know about the wigwam burner. Kit or scratch. Your attention to detail is fantastic. I love the looks of the water in the log pond. Great colors. Can't wait to see more as you progress. Thanks for sharing!
  • Barry
    I just came upon your layout and you have done a wonderful job I only wish that I was that far along.
    It was real good to meet up with you and your wife in Maine wish we had spent more time together well next time.
    Great Job.
    Carl