visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Mill Engine for my "coming soon" Sawmill.

edited May 2014 in O Scale Builds
Greetings,
Eagerly awaiting my copy of the 0-scale sawmill, I am starting what I already have in parts. I had the Mill engine and boiler buildin kit already. I am using the building as an outbuilding behind a gas station and garage as it is not needed for the sawmill. This is my first attempt with Brett's castings.

I used my own concrete method and re-made the pad it sets on. Real concrete and not painted on resin. The build took me 4 days of construction to this point It will have to be installed for the rest of the build. I have a little more painting to do on the governor balls and fitting. One was broken off and re-glued, so not quite the same.
It is painted with Flouquill flat green, and Alcohol and Ink for the oil and grease, Thin chalk rust wash for some rusted where the steam condenses on the pipes. After install a little sawdust and tone down the color with chalk dust, but for now it will be like this until installation.

Building from the Mill engine kit now as an outbuilding for my Gas station.

Comments

• nice!!
  • You are off to a great start. I like the oil and grease stains. Nice color on the gas station as well. What's the recipe?
  • edited June 2014
    The color for Gas station Outhouse wood siding are the Mill Engine building kit coloring mixes in the instructions by Brett. It is a mix of paint and Alcohol/ink bases. Applied over the final construction are washes of Alcohol and black ink and Alcohol and brown leather dye mixes.

The shingles are my own make using the Alcohol and black ink and brown dyes.

Thanks
  • Wayne, thank you for posting your work. I am really intrigued with your shingles and your concrete work. I believe I'll use your shingle method someplace in my Shipyard build. Would you be willing to suggest an appropriate building?

Please continue to show us what you are doing.

Respectfully,
    John
    Seattle