visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The 2013 Expo is over... contest wrap up

edited November 2013 in General News & Ramblings
Well, another expo is just a memory. Karl and I had a blast hanging with everyone and making new friends. The show organizers paid a wonderful tribute to our dear friend Kevin O'Neill. They dedicated the show to Kev and raised over $600 to donate in his name to the American Cancer Society. Special thanks to Melissa for spearheading this.

This was one of the best contest rooms I have ever seen. The quality of the entries was incredible. SWSM was very well represented by many talented modelers and they won a bunch of awards! In addition, CarlL, CarlA, and PaulT had wonderful SWSM kits entered. Thank you so very much to everyone for building these kits and having the pride to enter them in a popular vote contest. Takes balls my friends!

Forum members won so many awards. I am so proud of our community! Thanks for your efforts guys...

KKarns took third place in the 8 x 8 diorama category with his wonderful water tank and storage shed
JohnE won third in big diorama with his Shipyard
Bill snagged second place in structures with his Quincy Salvage
Mike Engler won second place in big diorama with his beautiful loco and service shop
Mike also grabbed First place in the 8 x 8 with his donkey repair yard
Karl was honored with First place in the 18 x 18 diorama category with his scratch built O'Neill's Wheels
and Joel was voted Best of Show with his magnificent Lineside shed diorama. (Second BoS in three years)

Congratulations to everyone! What an amazing accomplishment for all of us.

Comments

• It was a pleasant surprise to see the Expo dedicated to Kevin this year. I was wondering what would be done to honor his memory and the dedication and tribute were very fitting.

A great display of models and craftsmanship in the contest room. Amazing stuff! Congrats to all the winners.

On another note, visit the Expo's Facebook page: they changed their cover photo and are using Karl's tractor from O'Neill's wheels. Take a look:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fine-Scale-Model-Railroad-Expo/171475369546919

Great seeing everyone this year and looking forward to the Spring 2015 Expo!
  • Congratulations to all the winners!

I have a listing of all the contest winners at this link:
    http://www.kitforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9225

It was great to visit with all the fine folk that attended the show.

Jaime
    www.narrowperspective.com
  • edited November 2013
    Congratulations to everyone for their fantastic achievements. Terrific modeling in the contest room.
    It was great to see old friends and enjoyed meeting a lot of new ones.

Thanks for the tip Bill, a great honor. Incidentally, if you click on the tractor at the Expo site it will display the full picture of the scene.

Karl.A
  • great job everyone terrific modeling! since I missed the show and see Bill's comment that the next expo will be spring 2015 can you give me anymore info....I sure do not want to miss another show

I certainly want to meet all of you fantastic modelers.......you are a great inspiration