visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Twin Mills Museum Display

edited August 2013 in General News & Ramblings
A little over a month ago, a small museum in Clinton, Iowa asked me if I would loan them my Twin Mills diorama for a 3-6 month run. Brett advised me to make sure they have a good amount of insurance--which they do, and to make sure it's well protected from curious visitors. After meeting with the staff, they went ahead and fabricated a huge plexiglass case and display stand for it. Right now, it's on display at the front of the museum when you walk in. They had an outdoor lumberjack festival a few weeks ago and about 2,000 people got to see it. The website is www.thesawmillmuseum.org
I went back yesterday to check on it and to change the battery for the lights and snapped of few pictures. Take a look:

Inside the display case is a brief history of the Pino Grande mill (the inspiration for the Twin Mills) and a numbered diagram pointing out the name and function of each structure on the model.

Also, I need to thank Mike Engler (runner) for loaning me his loco:

Bill

Comments

• edited August 2013
    An honor worthy of such an incredible kit.
    Thanks for sharing the accomplishment Bill.

Karl.A
  • Bill outside of getting to meet you at the EXPO last year. And seeing this in person. It's just great to see you recognized by a museum.
    A feather in your cap for such an excellent job.

Jerry
  • Congrats Bill, fitting display for a very fine model.
    cheers
    Dave
  • A great honor for a wonderful diorama. Congratulations. Great pictures!

Tony
  • Bill,

I attended the lumberjack competition and viewed your display in person. In fact, your model is what inspired me to start learning about fine scale modeling and begin planning my own project. I have shared my amazement at your attention to detail with several friends and they have also admired your work. Thanks so much for sharing both the model and your insights in this forum. You are highly appreciated.

Jeff
  • This is too cool!

Jaime
  • Certainly one of my favourite dios ever (and it's not even O scale)! Would love to see it in real life. And a great opportunity with the museum (that IS the mother of all plexiglass cases)