visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Builds of Rigging and Tool sheds

edited March 2013 in O Scale Builds
Attached are some pictures of the first two SWSM models I built. The log disconnects in front of the Rigging Shed is a kit from Backwoods Miniatures. You may notice that I flipped the floor plan for the rigging shed, putting the open shed portion on the right hand side. Also, I added stairs on the left side of the tool shed. This was my attempt to make the two structures connect with one another. Thanks to Bill for helping me upload these prictures. imageimageimage image

Comments

• Oops. I included two pictures that are the same. I added another picture that shows the the portion of the scene in between the rigging and tool shed.image
  • Looks very nice, Tony. Glad you were able to get the pictures posted as they're worth the wait! Are these the only Sierra West kits you've built? What's on your bench currently?
  • I also built the tractor and logging repair shed and the machinery for the sawmill. I have not taken pictures of those builds. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Part 2 of the sawmill kit. In the meantime, I'm tinkering with the design of an On30 layout for my structures.
  • Tony that is some fine builds that you have done.

I look forward to more.
  • Nice builds
  • Looks great Tony!
  • Thanks for your compliments. I appreciate them very much. It's very encouraging to me, especially knowing they came from a group of first-class modelers.
  • edited March 2013
    looking good Tony - you realize how compact the rigging shed is with those washington iron discon's sitting in front...
  • No kidding Brett. I cannot believe how large the Backwoods Miniatures (BM) disconnects are compared to the disconnects that came with the tractor and logging repair shed. I guess disconnects were build in different sizes. When I first put the BM disconnects in front of the rigging shed, I had a single log on them. With the log, you could hardly see the front of the rigging shed. So, I took the log off for the pictures. Still have it off. I'm sure the BM disconnects will not look as big next the sawmill, which I cannot wait to receive.
  • Nice job well done.
    Stevo in oz
  • Nice work Tony, those scenes really came together well.

Karl.A
  • This is my take on a build of the tool and rigging sheds.
  • edited May 2020
    I like the concept of the two sheds being together as one complex Leonard.
    It just goes to show the versatility of these two great kits with some
    imagination.
    I look forward to seeing more pics as you progress.