visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Never too soon to set goals

edited December 2012 in General News & Ramblings
With a new year charging at us almost as fast as the fiscal cliff, what do folks see themselves doing in 2013? Almost the same question as what's on your workbench but I'm aiming this more at the question of what you hope to accomplish next year (and, parenthetically, what you might wish Brett would help you do).

Comments

• Well lets assume that the world will not end tomorrow. I'm ending the year with Christmas in Mexico...to see some Mayan ruins. For next year I would like to:

Finish the tractor repair shed. Ideally this will occur the day the sawmill arrives at my house.

I see that the next Founders Series model will be the loco shed/machine shop. this is a must have

One day parts 2 & 3 of the railroad camp will come out

And of course I still have about 6 turnouts that need to be tweeked and the log dump spur to be installed with the sawmill.

Other than this, not much.
  • Working on my first SW kit - the tool shed in O scale. I have already begun painting and weathering some of the detail castings.I must say they have turned out better than I expected. Happy Holidays to all other forum members.

Wayne Woodland
  • edited December 2012
    Well Mike,

there's a few things I'm working on finishing up, these have been dragging on for way too long sitting at the 95% finished stage.

I'm really hoping to stumble across an awesome structure or two that I could scratchbuild.

I have a few upscales at the very top of my "to do list" which I am really looking forward to building.

Also there are several original designs I have that I'd like to get a start on.

Apart from that I'm wide open for 2013....

What do you have planned?

Karl.A
  • edited December 2012
    I've been concentrating lately on my layout's benchwork so I'll have a permanent spot for my structures. My office has run out of space so I need to get the train room into shape so I can spread out and work on overall organization.

With the arrival of the Loco and Service Shop and the pending release of the Donkey Repair Yard I realize I'm faced with an almost impossible number of ways to combine/organize my collection of SW stuff. I really like Brett's suggested arrangements but they may not suit my space as well as another arrangement might.

Don't get me started on how to light all this stuff... Between lumber and lighting purchases I've been making lately my wife insists Home Depot rolls out a red carpet every time they see me coming.
  • I want to finish off my 1930's servis station in time for the narrow gauge convention in
    Melbourne. I wish everyone a very merry xmas and a happy new year.

Stevo in Oz

• edited December 2012
    Sounds like a major plan Mike,
    I'll also be re-arranging the suggested layout to fit my space, although I'll be working in O Scale so more restrictions and reworking will apply.
    I'll look forward to seeing your progress and I'll share mine as it happens.

Post some updates on your progress guys, sure would be nice to see some of this stuff on the forum.

Karl.A
  • I want to finish off my 1930's servis station in time for the narrow gauge convention in
    Melbourne. I wish everyone a very merry xmas and a happy new year.

Stevo in Oz

I shall be expecting to see it finished at the Convention when I come along ,

NickO in UK