visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Congratulations to Kevin O'Neill

Congratulations to Kevin O'Neill for winning 1st place in the 4x4 diorama competition at the EXPO.
Kevins beautiful build of the SWSM drill press was flawless. It even had a real drill bit installed. The dio displayed Kevins outstanding abilities in subtle weathering and colouration. Very realistic.

Photos courtesy of Jamie.

Congratulations my friend.

Kevin also won an award in the rolling stock category for his SWSM Blacksmith car.

Karl.A

Comments

• Truly outstanding work, Kevin. Congratulations indeed! That "warm" wood base on the drill press is just perfect. Also, the saw blade on the blacksmith car has to be seen in person. I believe the look of the blade is an "O'Neill Original". (that's where I stole the idea, as far as I know).

We all chipped in and got Kevin a hand-crafted cigar imported from Iowa:

• Kevin it was great seeing you again. And knowing a great modeler. Congratulations.

Jerry
  • edited October 2012
    Thank Boys and yes YM, I am quite "colorful" ha ha. It really was a great weekend for us all and looking back I wish there was more relax time to all sit down together and just talk about modeling, life or whatever. Jerry, it was a treat to meet Zoey and I want to see more of Jerrys stuff on the forum very soon. Bill, I really can't believe that is only your third model! Supreme in every way. YM I will be talking to you very soon.
    OM
  • Congrats dude, well deserved recognition! I am really glad you decided to enter those in the contest. We had a great weekend but that is one wonkey cigar. Your Montecristo was mucho mejor!
  • Well done Kevin, really enjoyed seeing these builds in close-up.

Paul
  • Congratulations Kevin- two great models. Here is Kevin sharing his wealth of knowledge with some other fine modelers. The guy standing in the middle is a fast learner- he got Best of Show!image