visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Congratulations to Karl Allison

Karl won first place in the structure category with an O Scale scratch built version of a FOS kit. This beautiful model is 100% scratch including the doors and windows. Great job bro! A well deserved recognition of your peers... Thanks to Jaime for the pic!

Comments

• Way to go YM, but of course you can just grab any old thing you build off the shelf on your way out the door and it is good enough to win! Talk to you soon.
    OM
  • Karl-
    Congratulations on winning Best Structure. As I said at the Expo: your shingles, trim work, entryway and weathering are all masterfully done on this building. On top of that, it's entirely scratch built!?! Now I know first hand why they call you "The Fabricator".

No matter what, I'm still an apprentice!
  • Congrats Karl! Well deserved.

Jaime
  • Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. It was a great trip and we had alot of fun.
    I'm looking forward to next year already!!

Karl.A
  • Here's another look:

Again...all scratch built!
  • Karl

Just great meeting you. Congratulations on the win. A another great modeler. Looking forward to next year and another week of fun.

Jerry
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks Jamie, much appreciated.

Thanks for the additional pictures Bill.
    I'd also like to note that all the clapboards, shingles and stripwood used was hand cut from sheet stock.

Karl.A
  • Karl congrats on the award. You are one of the true masters of scratchbuilding.
  • Congratulations. My favorite parts are the shingles and the striped awnings.
  • Really nice build Karl. looking forward to the next...,

Paul

• I'd also like to note that all the clapboards, shingles and stripwood used was hand cut from sheet stock.

Karl.A
    And here I thought this was a kit straight out of the box. Congratulations Karl on your first place win. Here is Karl giving some pointers to another prize winner- Joel Freedman, on the left. Joel is learning well, as he is also a world-class modeler.
  • One of the major reasons I enjoy this forum. All the modelers are very willing to share so I can become better. Thank-you to all.
  • Thanks again Jerry, Bryan, Wes, Paul, Mike and Alan. Your comments are very appreciated.

Karl.A