visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Loco and Service Shop

2»

Comments

• Kudos on a very fine kit. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Now finish your cigar and quit playing around with the 1/2 size stuff. We're waiting on the sawmill.
  • But first we need to give Brett a chance to breathe (air, not smoke), then we can look forward to a sneak peek at the donkey repair facility! After the show I would assume...
  • Sure wish I could get up to the show.
  • Brett,
    Oops! Check the typo on the dimensions for the diorama. 19.5" X 10'
    Very nice kit too! Well worth the wait.
    Ted
  • Thanks to all the nice comments. I am really blown away by the response. This will be on the table at the Expo in Lancaster next week so come by and say hi to Karl, Kevin, and myself. (Thanks Ted, fixed the typo.)
  • Better than promised. Don't limit it to 100 kits. I think every layout or diorama collector should have one.
  • . Don't limit it to 100 kits. .
    It's way too late for that Mike.........

Karl.A

• Just a beautiful Kit. Brett you may have moved beyond what is a model and what is real.
    You just keep getting better. Don't stop making all your fans happy!!!

Jerry
  • Looking at the photos I noticed the end of the spout on the oil tank appears to be pointing up rather than down, which made me curious about the reason for it. A Google search led me to Chuck Doan's photo album of his model which Brett mentions in his description of this kit. Chuck's work and photos are so amazing they'll serve as additional reference material for me when I tackle this project. http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/railroad_fuel_and/

Oh, and I still don't know why the spout points up...
  • the spout swivels up when out of use to minimize drip.
  • about 40 days since the last post - sure hope it will not be too much longer - I yearn for another SWSM build - and I have dusted off logging camp for the addition.
  • sooooooo close
  • Do NOT open the box of castings for this kit while watching "Moonshiners" on the Discovery Channel...the heady aroma of fresh resin is not meant to be mixed with images of brewing 'shine! (This is one serious box of goodies!)
  • edited December 2012
    And trust me Mike, that resin is as fresh as it gets.

Fresh resin, fresh(new) details and fresh molds .... it's like heaven in a box !!

Karl.A