visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

O scale blacksmiths car.

WesWes
edited January 2012 in O Scale Builds
Hey guys.

Ive started this build for the challenge on the RR line forum. Below are some pics of this little beauty from Brett.

Comments

• Here is the frame and deck boards stained with chalks.

• great start Wes.... looking forward to watching this build. the bscar has always been a favorite of mine.
  • Hey thanks Brett.

Its definately my favourite. Lastnight I completed the roof. My original attempt was a totally rusted one, and a helpfull comment from Kevin on the RR Line made me go back and redo it.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Hey Wes
    What a difference for the better! That looks great and is much more like what you see in 1:1.
    You are off to a great start with this little gem!

Kevin
  • Fantastic job on the roof re-do Wes. It really looks authentic now.

Very nice job.
    Karl.A
  • Thanks Kev and Karl

much appreciated.
  • Hey Wes: Looking real nice, off to a good start. The roof looks awesome! Good luck with the challenge....Joe CCCModOn30
  • Thanks for the kind words Joe. This little beauty has been a blast to build.

We are in the progress of moving house, so not much being done due to the modeling goods being packed away. I did manage to complete some of the castings and ive glued them in place. Lots to do still though.

Let me know what you think.
  • edited February 2012
    Just beautiful.
    I built a blacksmith car using another supplier's castings and the quality was not near as good as Brett's. Won an award with the car at a train show as you can see in my avatar.
    So I am wondering what would have happened with Brett's better castings. Best in show - - maybe ???
  • Corrugated looks great Wes and I think the red faded paint is well done. I have seen a lot of these cars built over the years and think yours is top notch...