visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

rip malcolm furlow

i read the morning that he passed away. i never got to see his layout but i read about it and don't understand why the rivet counters thought he was so controversial.....

Comments

• You said it all with rivet counters.....we are lucky on this forum that everyone realizes it's your layout or diorama, your world, your choice.....and we all gleen info and new skills from each other....
  • So sorry to hear. One of my biggest inspirations in my early years. A fantastic artist in the model railroad world.
  • Malcolm Furlow was such an influential figure in our hobby and because of that garnered a lot of hate from small minded assholes. He was creative and broke so many "rules". MOST importantly he was also a very kind and giving person. He never tried to make himself more important by trashing other modelers or by stealing ideas without obtaining permission and providing credit. (Like so many in the hobby do today.) He made me aware of the possibilities of narrow gauge modeling long before it was "fashionable". Another great we will miss.

Thank you Malcolm for the great memories.