visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

And the next member is....

Hi everyone.
Another new member is aboard. My Name is Jens, born 1971 in Dortmund, what is quite in the middle of North Rhine Westfalia, Germany. I studied biology and am working in a zoo now. I live with my wife and our boxer "Erna".
My first contact with model railroading was at the age of 8 when my father supprised me the standard circel of the Märklin system as a christmas present. After several movings my railroad ended up in several boxes in several basements.... 40 years later my wife gave me a HO model kit, after I told her about my kids railroad and ZAP! the virus was back. I soon noticed that nowadays I won't get happy with a ready made railroad system, got some NGGazettes in my hands and thought "Some of those guys are really strange... building their own tracks, houses, trees..." - and that's me!!
My 0n30 freelance railroad layout is L-shaped with 13,7" by 6,5" with a depth of 1,96", situated in the coastal northwest of the north american continent. There is (or will be) a little harbour pier at the end of the line, a small engine shed with some vacilities, one or two suppliers and my first SierraWest kit - the Truck Repair. I really learned so much just by reading about Bretts techniques, your great builds and tutorials and I am glad to have joined your forum.

Glück auf,
Jens

Comments

• Welcome to the Forum Jens, it's great to have you joining us and we all look forward to your participation and sharing your modelling with us.

It sounds like a great back story and you have now found a mission to make you happy.
    ON30 is a great scale for modelling in that space you have and Brett's kits are the best you can buy/build.
  • Welcome Jens! This is a great place to grow in your knowledge of building kits and honing your modeling skills. The members are all very friendly and willing to help and share their knowledge.
  • Welcome aboard, Jens

Terry
  • Glad to see you here Jens.
  • oh man are you in for a good time....
    welcome.
  • Fun times ahead!
  • Thank you all, guys.
  • Welcome aboard Jens
  • Welcome Jens! Great to have you on my forum.
  • Thanks a lot Bryan and Brett. I really appreciate it.
  • Welcome Jens! Great to have you here!

Jerry
  • Welcome Jens. Looking forward to seeing your version of these great kits
  • Hi, Jerry and Jim. Thank you and sorry for the delayed answer. This will happen due to the time shift. When you wake up, I'm already busy. Most of the time not with modeling, unfortunately.

Greetings
    Jens
  • Welcome Jens. I agree. Brett's instructions and techniques are the best.
  • Welcome aboard Jens. Best place in the world to learn about finescale modelling. Looking forward to seeing your builds.
  • I met Jens at the latest train show. He came from Germany to see my Beaver Lumber Company. He is a really nice guy. ( as is his wife and dog... :blush: )

Welcome Jens...
  • Robert.G said:

I met Jens at the latest train show. He came from Germany to see my Beaver Lumber Company. He is a really nice guy. ( as is his wife and dog... :blush: )

Welcome Jens...

how cool is that?
  • We should all take a field trip to see the BLC!!!
  • admin said:

We should all take a field trip to see the BLC!!!

that would be alot of fun.

• This will be a big family meeting. I will be there :smiley:
  • admin said:

We should all take a field trip to see the BLC!!!

That is a very nice thing to say Brett !!!!