visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

New Member/New Modeler

Hello all! I've always been a model train enthusiast and have watched countless video's online and read many of the blogs out there related to all topics related to model railroad. In all these years though, i've never posted anything online or shared pics of my work, mainly because i've see too many perfectionists that weren't very supportive, if you know what i mean. From what i've seen, this discussion group seems to be different.

I just completed the HO Scale Deer Creek Mine and overall, i'm very happy with how it turned out and it will certainly be a great addition to the layout. What i will say though, it the damn camera really brings out all the flaws that i thought nobody would ever see...noted for the next one which is well underway.

Pics to come.

Comments

• Welcome to the forum. I just visited you first showing. A very nice job of coloring and detailing.

Jerry
  • Thanks Jerry. A learning experience for sure.
  • Welcome to our merry band of modelers. I think you’ll find you’re among a a very friendly and helpful group of folks
    Terry
  • Welcome to the forum...your rendition of the mine is outstanding...
  • Welcome, very happy to have your participation!
  • Welcome aboard.

You are right about the camera eye. It doesn't miss a thing. It's a helpful tool though while trying to improve, which everyone here is.
  • Great to see you here Kurt. You are so right regarding photos of your work! Such a valuable modeling tool. Look forward to seeing your work and thrilled your getting involved with the group...Ken
  • Welcome sir. Thanks for sharing the pics of your build. Outstanding job! I love that model.
  • Can't wait to see what you did!
  • i see guys referring to pictures, but i'm not seeing any. what's up?
  • Hey Kevin, Kurt posted some pics of his Mine in another thread he started, that's the pics folks are referring to.
  • Welcome aboard Kurt. Looks like you are off to a strong start. Nice model and quite amazing that it is you first. Certainly a testament to you skills and the incredible manual. Looking forward to watching your next build.