visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Rob's HO Scale EJ Whiley and Lineside Shed Diorama

edited October 2022 in Finished SW Build Pics
I really like the integration of the two kits, the lighting, and of course the wonderful modeling! Great coloration and scenery as well.

Rob emailed these to me and has given his permission for me to share them with the SWSM community. Thanks Rob and congratulations on a fantastic diorama.

Here is what Rob stated in his email, I know many of us have similar memories:
"Whiley's general supplier and lineside storage shed is from back when rail was king and we used to wait for the trains to run over pennies we placed on the track.
I used wrinkled rice paper for the tarpaper roof, Gallery Glass for the tar and bottles, Rembrandt powders, AK pencils and asphalt, fruit is painted couscous and the bike is a 1952 Triumph Speed Twin with glazed exhaust pipes. My bike was a 1966 Triumph Thunderbird. Wish I still had that bike and one of those pennies."

oct 16th RSW_0267

oct 16th RSW_0270

oct 16th RSW_0271

oct 16th RSW_0272

Comments

• Very nice
  • Something to be very proud of Rob. Excellent work. Thank you for sharing this.
  • It came out fantastic, congratulations to Rob.
  • Wonderful work Rob! I wish I had some of those pennies that I crushed as a kid.
    Today you wouldn't be able to get within a 100 feet of the rails to do it!!

Jerry
  • Nice work! Great combination of structures.
  • Great use the two structures Rob. E.J. Whiley is not often seen modeled or modeled as well. Nice work.
  • This project came out very nice Rob. And the combination of the structures worked out just great.
  • Great looking dio and combination of structures Rob.
    Wonderful detail and scenery work to compliment the structures.
  • Nicely done....love the different tones and color use...
  • Great diorama. Beautiful attention to details and colours.