visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HON3 scale Foundry and O'Neills

Brett has been so kind to post some pics about this project earlier, but today the weather outside was just great and I felt I could make some better pics, especially with regard to the lighting. This was my first SierraWest project which started out with O'Neills and was finished by combining it with the Foundry. I can see a lot I could improve upon but for a first attempt I was quite pleased I must admit. I'm dreaming about a HON3 point to point track called DW&RP (Dark Woods and Rocky Pillars), with one one side the little town of DW with light industry and on its edges the wood and logging operation, and on the other side more of a coal/mining operation. Totally imaginary of course. It may never see the light of day and perhaps these modules will be stand alone in the end. But its really nice to phantasise and come up with something like this.... well Brett did anyway, for which I'm very grateful. So here a just a number of random pics to give you an idea and I hope you like them. Happy modelling!

thumbnail_IMG_2664
thumbnail_IMG_2665
thumbnail_IMG_2666
thumbnail_IMG_2667
thumbnail_IMG_2668
thumbnail_IMG_2669
thumbnail_IMG_2670
thumbnail_IMG_2671-1
thumbnail_IMG_2672
thumbnail_IMG_2673
thumbnail_IMG_2674
thumbnail_IMG_2675
thumbnail_IMG_2677
thumbnail_IMG_2678

Comments

• Fantastic modeling Jeroen. Beautiful from every angle.
  • Holy smokers…. Very, very nice!!!!
    Terry
  • Very nicely done. You should feel very proud of this fine work.
  • Topnotch work there Jeroen!
  • Jeroen,
    Thanks for posting these additional photos taken outdoors. Incredible modeling. Plenty of fine scenic details to mull over. Great way to use these two SWSM kits on a model diorama.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Lots to like here! The rolling stock is a nice touch and the wooden base really sets off the dio. Really great job! Thanks for posting.
  • Nice work! Great combination of structures and scenery into 1 diorama.
  • Beautiful work Jeroen. Your mating of the two kits came out wonderfully. Detail and scenic work is a pleasure to peruse. Great stuff!
  • What a beautiful diorama, love seeing all the new pics! Thanks for posting them.
  • Appreciate you sharing these. Really helps with future ideas. Nice looking layout.
  • Jeroen, Great looking models. You should be very proud of your work. Randy
  • They look great together.
  • VERY NICE . Great diorama. Well done.
  • Thanks gents, for the very kind and motivating response. For the first time in a long time I felt like a modeller again. Just basic materials, a box filled with great details and a manual that has no equal. Brett doesn't sell great kits, he sells awesome
    quality modelling time. Its just fantastic!
  • Jeroen said:

Thanks gents, for the very kind and motivating response. For the first time in a long time I felt like a modeller again. Just basic materials, a box filled with great details and a manual that has no equal. Brett doesn't sell great kits, he sells awesome
    quality modelling time. Its just fantastic!

i couldn't have said any it better. that's exactly what brett sells. quality modeling time. now i just gotta convince the mrs.....

• Well stated and good re-post Kev.
  • Beautiful work. Thanks for those outstanding photos of the diorama.

Jerry
  • Thank you all so much for the very kind words. They mean a lot, especially because they come from a bunch of great people and incredibly talented modelers! I’m very happy you like how it turned out!
  • Fantastic work all around! Just curious how large is your diorama base?
  • Thanks Mike! Full size is around 11”x27”.