visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#315 - Water Tank and Handcar Maintenance Shed - Official Build - Karl. A

Comments

• I have a few hours in tonight....and the progress is slow...
  • So… yeah… I’m kinda speechless. The quality of your paintwork and finishes are breathtaking and I still find it difficult to comprehend how much detail Brett managed to cram into a kit so small. Mine seems to have arrived in the Netherlands so with a bit of luck I can pick it up over the next couple of days. Time to have a look at this little wonder in the flesh…
  • Karl.A said:

Hopefully an update over the next few days.

Boy time flies when you're waiting for an update!

It's already January 2023!!
    I guess there should be a smiley there.

Jerry

• edited March 2023
    Thanks so much for your kind and appreciated words Jeroen. I hope to see and enjoy following your version soon.

There's alot going on here right now Jerry, but...

Here's a small update for you my friend,

Today I added in the empty and full oil bottles to the "refill" scene. Which fills it out nicely, maybe a couple of rags and a wrench and then this scene is done.

I love that pic above, but, I'm going to throw this second one in anyway, even though it's kind of 'contrasty'.

I also made the door for the front of the structure and am currently re-sorting out the wood to build the roof hatches and the ladder.

Thanks for checking in,

Karl. A

(Damn, I need to add some nails to that pallet, I cant believe I missed that obvious detail, after all, I did it on all the other pallets, slacker, ha. )
  • What a great update!
  • Thanks for the update my friend!!

Jerry
  • Great little scene, so much to take in.
  • Wonderful! So much to take in here...
  • It's amazing how long it takes to create a beautiful clutter scene like that! Love the oil bottles...
  • it looks excellent (i really wanna get this kit). i just have one question: where are the spider webs?
  • Love all the details! I especially like the empty bottle in the leaning box. It seems so natural.
  • Love the tones and coloration...the weathering is just right....the details are what makes the scene....
  • Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's a great little scene to work on.
    I got the main roof finished and a few other things, some pics later tonight.
  • Karl, as usual every things looks great. Randy
  • edited March 2023
    Thanks so much Randy, I dont seem to be finding much time to work on it right now due to 'real world', but,
    I 'm getting real close and hopefully will get it complete in the next few days.

After work today I got the railings finished, installed the roof hatches and barrels and also repaired and installed the windows.

Hopefully tomorrow after work I'll get the two front doors installed and add the remaining details to the water tank itself.

There's only a few things left to do after that.
    kebmo said:

it looks excellent (i really wanna get this kit). i just have one question: where are the spider webs?

I looked through the manual twice Kev and it doesn't mention spider webs so I won't be adding any this time.

I'm doing this build exactly as described in the manual and following every step to the letter. Hopefully that will show what anyone can do by just following Brett's outstanding instructions.

Thanks to everyone for following along and all of the support.
  • Masterpiece in the making right here.
  • Superbly modeled!
  • This is so good. The colors are just breathtaking. If I start mine this really is something to aspire to. It really sets the bar Karl!
  • Stunning work. Looking forward to some more close up photos.
  • Really looks great Karl. Nicely done
  • Amazing work, even without the spider webs!
  • Well you've outdone yourself my friend!! One of the best yet on this forum!!

Jerry
  • Awesome work my friend.
  • Thanks so much everybody, I really appreciate the replies.
    I'm still trying to find the last few hours to finish off this amazing kit.
  • edited March 2023
    i just pulled the trigger for this baby, and i think it's going to the head of the line!
  • Awesome build Karl….well done
    Terry
  • Finally Kev... haha, you are going to love it.
    Thanks Terry.
  • Outstanding!
  • Thanks Ken and Kevin, great to read you both.