1234568»

Comments

• what a great project.
  • Upside down! That takes guts!
  • ALCO said:

Upside down! That takes guts!

i wouldn't dare
  • Are you using 3v led lights?
  • Flipping upside down is the new way to test the strength of glue. And yeah, it caused some anxiety.

What is causing frustration are the lights. Got them all wired and only 1 comes on and flickers. Tested the connections and each light individually and they are all good. Even changed the power source from 6V to 9V and nothing. I'm going to swap the circuit board next. I'm hoping it is bad.

In the mean time, I took it outside for some final photos. I ended up adding some surface rust to the diamond pattern trim. Didn't quite look right black.

A quick walkaround on all sides. Introductions for the inhabitants. There's Pete and RePete. A pair of nesting bluebirds, a gold finch and Rocky the raccoon.

A very fun build that I'm glad I revisited.

IMG_0689
    IMG_0690
    IMG_0693
    IMG_0695
    IMG_0697
    IMG_0698
    IMG_0699
    IMG_0703
    IMG_0705
    IMG_0706
    IMG_0707
  • edited December 2022
    Bryan, if that is the Jr board from Ngineering, and you are using current source side, remember the constant voltage thing eats up 5V of your total. May be under voltage?
  • edited December 2022
    Great detail, the birds nest.. and birds.. :smile:
  • It is. Good tip Emery. I was being lazy and didn't want to put in resistors.
  • Couldn't you have done this before mounting the model? 4 holes and a jigsaw ... Or do I misunderstand the MO..
  • Inspiring work Bryan. I get nervous when I see it upside down though!
  • Great wrap up Bryan, telling the story!
  • Thanks all.

Robert, the holes were cut prior to assembly. I tried the 4 hole and a jigsaw method the first time I used this material. It melts as it cuts which closes the cut and leaves a bead of melted plastic that has to be cleaned. I tried a keyhole saw with fine teeth but took too long. The way to go is draw the line, drill it all the way down the line, then use the jigsaw to make the cuts. You can see from the edge of the black how the drilling took place.
  • Very nicely done....love all the little and slightly hidden details...
  • OK, makes sense. Good to know..
  • What beautiful work. I can't keep checking out that great cobblestone. A lovely little diorama.
  • Beautiful! All those details! I’m probably stuck with some sheds that I won’t be using on my logging camp diorama and your work just planted a tiny seed in my mind about what I’m going to do with those. Fabulous work!
  • The bird house is also in the first picture on the back of the falls front. Great work on all the details Bryan. will looik forward to you getting the wiring finished. Randy
  • Fantastic work Bryan. Full of original scenes and ideas, very creative all around, from the reckless driving incident to the guy grabbing a cold one from the ice, and so many more personal touches.
    Very nicely done.
  • Thanks guys. Jeroen, there's always a way to use sheds alone or with other structures.

I'm calling this one done. I ended up flipping the board over and using side B as recommended and upped the power to 9V.

On to the next project.

IMG_0716
    IMG_0717
  • Very nice.

• Still enjoying this!
  • Glad you like it Brett. Your small structures make for a nice base to do some bashing.
  • Looks great lit up and 'finished' Bryan.

Dare I ask what you used to model the moths swarming around the light pole .... ;~)
  • Sorry Bryan, I just read an old post of yours on the lighting. Did not mean to tell you what you already knew about those Ngineering boards.
  • brownbr said:

Glad you like it Brett. Your small structures make for a nice base to do some bashing.

hmmmmmm might be few "in the works"

• Karl.A said:

Looks great lit up and 'finished' Bryan.

Dare I ask what you used to model the moths swarming around the light pole .... ;~)

and the spider webs. we gotta know about the spider webs...
  • As much as I'd like to take credit for the moths, they are actually dust/debris on the inside of the dust cover. A result of flipping upside down. And any spider webs are likely stray grass fibers.

I did add some photo etched spider webs in my Tractor Repair build but they looked oversized.