visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Hello

Hi Folks,

My name is Grant, from Canberra, Australia. I've been a "lurker" here for a number of years but this is my first post. Thought I'd best introduce myself before posting further.

I'm not really a railroad modeller. You'll usually find me over at the Model Ship World (MSW) forum. However, one of my fellow MSW members posted something about one of Brett's kits there a number of years ago and I was intrigued. That led me to this site and subsequently to ordering not just one, but two of Brett's kits (The Shipyard at Foss' Landing and Foss' Landing).

Long story short, at the time I had intended that the SierraWest kit would be my "next build" but it's taken until now to start. So, I'm about to start a build log here in the hope that all of you seasoned SierraWest builders might help and guide me along the way.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Grant

Comments

• Welcome Grant. You'll get lots of advice here and you can't go wrong by just following the great directions in the kit. Looking forward to following your build
  • Grant….happy to have you hanging out with us.
    Terry
  • Great to have you here with us Grant and to see you jumping in and joining the conversations and sharing your work and modeling with us.

Although here we are ALL about SierraWest, I always say that "modeling is modeling", there are many things to be adapted and learnt from all genres of the hobby that can translate and crossover.

Really looking forward to following your builds of those two great kits.
    I do love to "sea" a good waterfront scene come together. Now all you need is to find yourself a "Shelby's" kit and you'll have them all. (Until the RiverFront becomes available)....

Wonderful to have you participating with us and " Welcome to the forum ! "
  • Thanks for the warm welcome folks.
  • Welcome Grant! I have to agree with Karl, there are great modeling opportunities on the waterfront. You will find Brett's instructions to be a tutorial on great modeling and weathering techniques. I'm looking forward to seeing your build, great to have you join us.
    Steve
  • Welcome sir.
  • Welcome, so glad you will be posting on our forum!
  • As Karl put it so well.....we can learn from all modelers...Welcome to the Forum and remeber...there are no stupid questions....
  • Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. :smile:
  • Welcome Grant amongst us.
  • how'd i miss this? welcome to the best modeling forum on the interwebs.
  • Welcome Grant, great place to share and learn.
  • Great to see you here Grant! I think its great that you joined as having a completely different background in modelling probably also brings new insights on techniques. I really enjoy swapping techniques between different subject matter and I for one can't wait to see your log here! Hope you will enjoy the comments and help of all the good people here!