visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Introduction to the O Scale Water Tank and Handcar Maintenance Shed

13»

Comments

• Yo David, I use On30 as well but hope to find a home to move to soon so have not started my layout. Building Brett's kits in the interim to use as buildings in the layout. Can't wait to see what yours looks like. Too bad Bachmann appears to be getting out of On30 as they sell off their inventory. Take care.
  • Oh my! Did you HO scale followers see the latest newsletter?...If not...you've got to check it out. I don't care if this is the O Scale thread...had to break protocol and steer the HO/HOn3 folks to the news...Lol.
  • Regardless of what scale you work in there's always inspiration in what comes out from SW. I have viewed the video several times to check out the use and placement of details on the new kit.
  • Tom, did you see the latest newsletter regarding a new HO scale kit?
  • I did Ken. Can't wait to see it!
  • Ken…..since you’re doing Brett’s kits in the order of their release you won’t be doing the new kit anytime soon anywho;-))
    Terry
  • Ah Terry...good call but...if you read my posts, I'm doing Brett's HO/HOn3 kits in the order of their release, starting with the first kit, AND keeping current with each new release! So...as I'm in the middle of Shelby's...but if a new kit comes out I'll build that one and then get back to Shelby's. The new releases are just too good not to get into them right away!
  • I feel left out.... I can't find the newsletter! Lol
  • Nevermind..... I found it!
  • IMG_2323

Longtime friend and forum member Bryan Brown sent this awesome "Beware of Dog" detail that includes a little kitty in the basket. The sign was made many years ago by Karl to honor my beloved Yorkie Starla, and I am a huge kitty lover as well (you might have seen few pics of my little dude Stanley helping me sort kits). Thanks Bryan, finally found the perfect spot for this jewel!
  • edited August 2022
    Indeed, a great place for that little detail, nicely done Bryan, well placed Brett,
    hope the kitty grows up to be a good 'ratter', ha
  • I like details that tell a story especially when you can use animals. Well done Bryan and Brett. It is one of those stumble upon detail that really make the scene.
  • Nice. Always room for a critter or 2 on a dio.
  • How I would LOVE to build one of these, but I'm too worried I might not follow the instructions exactly precisely perfectly. And that would so suck, right?
  • Come on, MG…. I double dog dare ya….you ain’t skeered of a little questioning of why you modify a kit to make it yer own, are you.
    You’re a quality modeler….let’s see what you do with it
    Terry
  • Have you built one, Terry?
  • Eric…. I have the HO version which is similar on my to-do shelf but the O Scale sawmill is probably next on my build list as soon as I finish up two kits I’m presently working on
    Terry