visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Introduction to the O Scale Water Tank and Handcar Maintenance Shed

Comments

• edited August 2022
    Thanks for all the great comments and interest, I truly appreciate it.

I finished off a video walkthrough of this new kit and you can check it out here:

Right click the video and open in a new window or tab, or visit YouTube and search for SierraWest Scale Models.
  • Just woke up to this outstanding YouTube presentation. Brett, your kit design and modeling have jumped yet another level if that is even possible. I am already thinking of all the possibilities. Can’t wait to see the order link. Thanks again
  • The video is great. So cool to be able to "walk around" the entire diorama. What a beauty.
  • The handcart, jacket, stove, and more! What great details! The future is looking bright.
  • Great video showing the new kit. I enlarged it to view in full screen and it really shows all the detail and weathering. Thanks for creating it.
  • Excellent video, love the back story.
  • What a fantastic looking model. The stone work is just amazing. All the detailing is great.
    Another fantastic SW masterpiece. looking forward to starting this one.
  • What a great video. You've really outdone yourself on this one, Brett. Super job. Thanks for sharing with all of us. Can't wait to order.
  • Thank you all so much for the incredible response and kind words. They mean the world to me. This project was so much fun, I am a sad to see it end...

I have been working on the website page today and am really excited to make that page live. I am planning on doing that tomorrow at around noon central time (Friday Aug 5) and will be sending out an email newsletter the following day on Saturday. Be sure to check my website tomorrow for ordering instructions! If you're not signed up for my newsletter (no worries, I only send out about 9 a year) please visit my homepage (click on the SW logo at the top of this page) and scroll to the bottom to sign up!
  • Listen up people! If you want the news first sign up. It only takes a minute.

And shows Brett how much we support him!

Jerry

• Love the video. Excellent presentation. I can really appreciate all the effort that goes into creating everything. Not just the parts and pieces, but the manuals, the jigs, the packaging, on and on and on. Another first class kit coming down! Thank you.
  • Awesome video and narration man, really shows off your hard work, skills and creativity perfectly.
    Also, it's great to study the entire diorama and flow while listening to the history of the kit and your excitement of what the future holds.
    Looking forward to building it.
  • Fantastic kit Brett. Love the colour, details and overall feel. Sure will be a good one to put some lights in. Malcolm
  • edited August 2022
    admin said:

Thank you all so much for the incredible response and kind words. They mean the world to me. This project was so much fun, I am a sad to see it end...

END ??? No this is just the beginning....for us that is. Another SUPER kit to build and for you to follow !!!

• Beautiful web page feature on this kit! The images are outstanding. I want to buy one and I don't even model O Scale.
  • edited August 2022
    Wanted to let everyone know the Water Tank and Handcar Shed is now available to order! Check it out here:

https://sierrawestscalemodels.com/315.html
  • Saw it available. Was looking for the extra handcar but can't find that.
  • brownbr said:

Saw it available. Was looking for the extra handcar but can't find that.

That will be available later!
  • Brett,

Outstanding. A MUST BUY!!!!

Frank
  • Oh boy. What a tremendous kit. All those little stories that are in there. Perhaps you should change the name of your small parts box in each kit to storybox Brett! Love it, and it seriously makes me consider stepping away from HO scale builds for once!
  • Talk about marketing a new kit with a flood of great information, this announcement is incredible with it's photos and walk around video. Got mine on order and will add a handcar as soon as they become available. "Christmas in August" this year!

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • The video sold me. Congrats on the new release!
  • The video has me reved up to do the HO version which I have sitting on my to-do shelf…..Oh so many kits….so little time
    Terry
  • Ordered......I'll explain to the wife latter....
  • Ordered......I'll explain to the wife latter....

The definition of later is very interesting as I’m in the exact same boat
  • I’ve got my order in for one. Another great piece to add to the rest of Bretts mind blowing O scale Sierra West kits. At the moment, I’m adding a couple of them to my On30 scale layout.
  • edited August 2022
    Way to go you guys! Look forward to your take on the kit. Not one to pass on that’s for sure.
  • This should work great on a mini layout I'm making....so if I get my act together....I should be staining wood within hours of getting the kit....after I read thru the manual of course...
  • Be sure to post what your build Art...grain and stain...love it!
  • I plan to document it and do a thread on it....including the mini layout which will mainly have SW structures....and SW inspired scratch builds....