visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SUNCOAST CENTER for fine modeling is closing

1235»

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Ha Jerry !!
    You, (& Diane and Zoey) were around somewhere close by...
    We need more of those good times with us all together.
  • I am really happy to share these with everyone as I took them to use as inspiration and a kind of guide post for our layout as I build it. While a lot of the overall scenes in these are incredible, each picture was usually taken to remind me of a specific detail or provide an example of how a scene was modeled. I also need to constantly remind myself that the level of detail is easier to "see" and create at twice the scale I model.

51906061335_b560022b64_c
    51905508948_5154b16320_c
    51905743049_eb2babd884_c
    51905742874_270d84c459_c
    51905742714_aab39e2437_c
  • edited June 2022
    Much thanks to all those who have posted pics. The Sundance/Suncoast is a perfect example of the synergy that happens when talented folks get together and model with a common goal. So much inspiration here.

To clear up some serious misinformation here:

1. The Suncoast DID NOT lose their lease. Dave Revelia OWNS the portion of the building that the Suncoast is located. The owner of the other half of the building has made him an offer that he cannot refuse! The potential sale is due to close the end of June 2022. If that occurs, Dave will safely relocate the Suncoast exhibits and then determine what he wants to do next. Dave (and the entire Sundance/Suncoast crew) have been incredibly generous with their time, talent, and funds to make these models available to us. Please give them the opportunity to work this out without spreading false rumors.

2. Dave IS NOT SELLING Brain Nolan's magnificent diorama's. Brian's family owns these. They are on permanent loan to Dave. Dave is one of the most ethical guys I have ever had the pleasure of calling a friend. Enough said on that subject.

3. If you do not have DIRECT, FIRST-HAND knowledge, please do not post erroneous information on this forum.

The modeling is second to none, and will provide decades of enjoyment and inspiration. A huge thanks to the Sundance/Suncoast crew, especially Dave Revelia. Let's focus on that and let the Suncoast guys work this out without spreading rumors and false Information. Thanks!
  • Karl posted a picture of Brian Nolan's Machine Shop and it has this little gem on it. Does anyone know if that was a CHB piece or if it was scratch built. Such a cool little thing.

machine shop
  • edited June 2022
    Not a CHB piece, but I do not believe it was scratched either... Cannot remember where it came from, sorry.
  • admin said:

Not a CHB piece, but I do not believe it was scratched either... Cannot remember where it came from, sorry.

looks quirky enough to be something Don Winter would have made

• Nice update Brett. Glad you stopped the rumors. They started to get out of hand elsewhere also.

Jerry
  • BenPopper said:

admin said:

looks quirky enough to be something Don Winter would have made

I believe you're correct, Don Winter. Hard to find that stuff now. maybe I will have to 3D Printed a detail like that!
  • Jerry said:

Nice update Brett. Glad you stopped the rumors. They started to get out of hand elsewhere also.

Jerry

Hah! Thanks Jerry, I really hope the rumors have been stomped out...
  • edited June 2022
    Jerry said:

Nice update Brett. Glad you stopped the rumors. They started to get out of hand elsewhere also.

Jerry

admin said:

Hah! Thanks Jerry, I really hope the rumors have been stomped out...

Great update Brett. Nice to see the actual facts !

It's always best to get the information directly from the source.
    Also great to hear from your conversation with Dave that he is doing well.
  • edited June 2022
    my last batch from the center. The inside of the machine shop was on of the things I was most impressed with (hence the slightly different angles and points of focus) and I am not surprised to learn Brian Nolan had a part in it.

51906060535_dbfae7644b_c
    51905742389_7d31f13fdc_c (1)
    51905428121_be6629249d_c
    51905507878_0a07a18569_c
    51905427871_f113ab1763_c
    51905427686_6b1aec0196_c
    51906059705_8f4dae28b3_c
  • These pictures are so great. thanks for posting them. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!