visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Classic Mini Series Kit. Tank on Platform

edited March 2022 in HO Scale Builds
Back in 2021 I started "Dusting off the Shelves", building older classic SW kits. I did a few then got weigh-laid with other projects. I started the Eureka springs Engine House before getting side tracked. I'm now glad I waited because Ken's wonderful build has given me inspiration to pick it up again.

In between projects I took a few days to "Dust off the Shelf" and build the Tank on Platform from Brett's Mini Series line of kits. This has been a very enjoyable build. It's on a 2" by 2" 1/2" plywood base and will fit any number of locations.

Here is the final build.

20220304_120737 Resize

20220304_120747 Resize

20220304_120804 Resize

20220304_120901 Resize

20220304_120910 Resize

20220304_120919 Resize

20220304_120931 Resize

20220304_123109 Resize

Comments

• That is one sweet lookin’ tank….well done
    Terry
  • Nice job!

Jerry
  • edited March 2022
    A series of these sorts of things in O scale would be amazing...odd ball unique tank, tool or material castings...

That build looks fantastic!
  • Most excellent Tom! Everything blends together so well. Weathering on the tank is beautifully done, the fuel stain is faded just the right amount. Like the contrast of the decking the tank sits on and the braced support structure, well done.
  • Great mini dio.
  • Thanks guys. Appreciate the support. It was a fun little build.
  • What a great little build. Lot's of nostalgia here, thanks for posting this.
  • Thanks Brett. It was a fun build.
  • Love this build Tom, you did such a great job on it.

I thought I had posted a comment on this thread earlier, so appologies for the delayed response.

These little mini scenes are the essence of what is now incorporated into a SierraWest kit, so,

it's great to see your fantastic work on something I was oblivious to, beautiful job.
  • Thank Karl, appreciate the kind words.
  • not tryin' to poke the bear, but with all the new fantastic details, it shouldn't be too tough to add an o scale mini scene or two, would it??
    asking for a friend