visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

E.J.Whiley Build

13»

Comments

• Steve, This is little late but I just thought of it. Did you ever think of turning the Wiley building ninety degrees? With the end of the loading dock to the back track, and the end of the front dock to the road in front. That way the details on both the front and back of the building could be seen from the aisle. Randy
  • Thanks Kevin, I feel like I'm nearly completion of the majority of the layout. It's going to take me a long time to add all the details to the foreground though plus all the vehicles etc...

Great suggestion Randy but I've already got it glued down and mostly completed.

IMG_3287_result
    I added some of the details around the front of the building and started to finish the scenery.

IMG_3288_result

IMG_3283_result

IMG_3285_result

IMG_3284_result

IMG_3286_result
    IMG_3282_result
    I'll need to do some work to the area here to make the road look more like a road. I also need to add some railroad crossings etc.. but you get the idea. I might try some burned out shack or something. Nothing too big of course.

IMG_3280_result
    I'll be adding 2 crossings to connect the road up to the concrete road to the right. I also need to fill in the "V" between the 2 tracks but I don't know with what yet.

IMG_3281_result
    This shot gives an idea of the flow of this area and how the 3 SW kits flow into each other.

I'm not sure why I got a little color difference between some of the photos but they were taken using the same phone at the exact same time.

Vehicles will help bring this area to life as well as a few people.

Thanks for following along.
  • Well there's another stellar build from the bench of Steve Custer! The layout is fantastic and shaping up as a SierraWest Scale Model museum. Nicely done my friend.
  • Steve, I figured I would be to late with the suggestion. Your three builds look great together and flown naturally from one to the other. Great looking layout. Randy
  • Thanks Ken! I really appreciate that!

Thanks Randy! I'm not sure the area is long enough to fit the structure sideways but if I hadn't already set everything in place I'd have tried it. It's a shame the rear is tough to see but that goes for most structures.

I just need to figure out what to put in the little narrow area between the tracks and the road in front of the salvage yard.
  • Steve your usual excellent build and placement.

Jerry
  • Looks fantastic Steve, it fits right in.
    Your start on the scenery blends it in so well to the existing scene and I'm looking forward to seeing your further progress on this, I know it will get even better as you move on with this area.
  • Thanks Jerry and Karl!
  • It fits right in with the theme of the layout
  • Nicely blends into the rest of the scenery. Looks great with the other SW structures.
  • Thanks Bryan and Tom!
  • you could fill in that 'v' area with a scratch built tire and battery distributor or something along those lines.
  • Great idea Kevin but I already have way too many auto related industries and businesses on the layout. I think somewhere around 10 already.
  • liquor store?
  • Your layout is looking great Steve.
  • When I grow up I want a layout like that! (and S. Drees!)
  • Maybe Kevin, it's a little small of an area but it may work.

Thanks Steve and Brett!