visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Steve's Deer Creek Mine

Comments

• Great progress!...
  • This is really some first class work Stephen. Grain, color, tight fit joints.... just incredible.
  • EmeryJ said:

This is really some first class work Stephen. Grain, color, tight fit joints.... just incredible.

couldn't have said it better myself

• Colouring, construction and weathering are perfect Steve. I cant really say any more than that, except, I'm just enjoying sitting here watching your excellent work.

• Attached are photos of the sub roof including rafters, purlins.PXL_20220218_222819226
    PXL_20220218_222843572.MP
    PXL_20220218_223001573.MP
  • Technical build is stellar!
  • Very nice, Steve
    Terry
  • This is coming together so well, looks fantastic so far.
  • thanks everybody for the encouraging comments
  • Steve, I love to see the purlins instead of a solid sub roof. I am considering doing that with my truck repair. my only worry is that the roof might not be strong enough to be removeable. Great work on the mine Randy
  • Coming along nicely!
  • Dang, those rafters are so perfect, beautiful work Steve.
  • Thanks all for stopping by and making the your comments.
  • its like a blueprint come to life.
  • edited March 2022
    Attached are photo's of the Head Frame
    PXL_20220301_235558704
    PXL_20220301_235632147
  • Flawless construction again Steve, grease/oil stains are a nice touch.
    So well done.
  • Looks great
  • Mighty nice work there!
  • Great work!
  • Superb technical work there Stephen!
  • Steve I love the texture and color you've achieved. Great build so far.
  • Thanks Karl, Ken and Joel Brett for you encouraging comments. The texture really shows up very well in photographs, much better than with the naked eye it seems.
  • Okay, I have completed the walls for the hoist house.PXL_20220308_000650000.MP
  • The faded paint looks really good. Darker at the top and dirtier at the bottom.
  • walls look great!
  • What brand/color red are you using on the walls for your build?
  • Excellent craftsmanship!
  • brownbr said:

The faded paint looks really good. Darker at the top and dirtier at the bottom.

Steve I agree whole heartedly with Bryan
  • The paint color is Delta Barn Red that I purchased at Lobby Lobby. I thought that after the initial wall treatment it need the darker paint at the top so I dry brushed some of this paint along the top of the walls. And thanks everybody for you comments
  • It looks fantastic! Thanks, Reds can be so tricky. So many versions and shades. So many of them end up with a magenta or purple tint that I really don't like.