visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SHELBY'S Marine Service (HO/HOn3)

Comments

• That looks like grunge to me Ken. The color is good.
  • Those walls look great Ken.
  • No matter what color you use. Just end up at “grunge”! Looks great!
  • Appreciate the feed-back Art...always nice to pol the gang!

Affirmative on the "grunge" Stephen and your thoughts here, thanks. Have reviewed your Shelby's build numerous times and a great source of inspiration.

Thanks much Steve.

I think it's a character flaw Al! lol...appreciate the support.
  • I like the color to!!

Jerry
  • Thanks for your input Jerry, appreciate it.
  • i think the red looks really nice.
  • Hey thanks Kevin, makes me feel better that there is some general consensus that the color is in the ball park.
  • I too like the red. Not too bright, just right :smiley:
  • Glad to hear and appreciate the feed-back.
  • edited February 2022
    To see how things were going, I completed one wall of the Bait & Tackle Shop. Hung a couple of metal/porcelain signs. Have a potential issue with 25 year old transfer lettering that I'm working out. Will report back on that once I do some experimenting.

IMG_2312

IMG_2311
  • That looks great Ken. I did not have a problem with the dry transfers.
  • Like the way it just blends together...
  • love that wall!
  • Turned out nice
  • Thanks Stephen. Didn't think you had any issues as your transfer signage on your build are perfectly done.

Good to hear Art, that's the goal right down to picking out the right colors of signage.

Hey Kevin, thanks buddy!...

I have adopted this specific method with my modeling. Take the walls of the Bait & Tackle Shop for example. Rather than perform the same step in the process with every wall, I completed this wall from start to finish and made any adjustments as I went. So now I know what works, what doesn't, and establishes the framework and methodology for all the remaining walls.

Thanks much Bryan.
  • I’m jealous of how straightly your signs are cut. The wall is very nicely done.
  • Thanks so much Al. Right you are...to make the simulated metal/ceramic signs look legit, they have to be perfectly straight and square. Not an easy task when cutting out from a sheet when they are only a centimeter or less on a side!
  • Great wall and the signs perfect!!

Jerry
  • Really appreciate that Jerry.
  • edited February 2022
    Love the wall, 100% Dr. Grunge. Hard to remember that was a milled clapboard wall. The weathering and "exposed" corner really are wonderful.
  • Thanks Brett...it really does give the otherwise flat wall some appearance of depth and individually boarded siding...takes some time but worth the effort... if that kind of “grunge” is to your liking! Lol.
  • Beautiful work as always.
  • Hey thanks much Karl, appreciate that!
  • Ken I had gotten behind. i just got caught up on your build. I really like the red color on the last wall is spot on. Love it, Randy
  • Thanks Randy, the color seemed to work out once weathered and the other details added.
  • Continuing with my sorting out of the dry transfers that are almost 25 years old. Had some limited success with the black lettering seen here, but still struggling with the white letters. The lettering is not releasing properly due to their age. I am scratch building all the doors and built a screen door for this door but decided to have it propped open so as not to hide the door details seen here.

IMG_2345
  • That looks great! Interesting that the white is more problematic. Appreciate you discussing this!
  • This looks great Ken. I don't remember having a problem with the large white lettering but a few of the small letters were a problem.
  • Eye catching sign