visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Karl, good ole fashion stain....who would have thought. Great idea.
    Agree with the beach scene. You got all the fixins right there.
    Bryan, the tank looks perfect. Glad you like the valve.
    Keep the ideas coming. Lots and lots of goodies to draw yet.
  • Karl, just absolutely wonderful !! And was wondering what you were going to do with that tin bathtub. You put it to great use.
    If I were there, I would most assuredly toast your artistry !!
    Outstanding,
    --Paul
  • Crazy good detail modeling going on here! Simply outstanding...
  • That’s real ice, right?
  • Outstanding detail!
  • Love the tank Bryan!. Great color and weathering
  • edited November 2021
    Looks great Bryan !!

Thanks for all the comments guys.
    Mike the labels were resized in photoshop, they are just under 1/16"wx1/8"h.
    Printed on super thin paper (not the tissue) so there are minute/no edges.

As Brett likely guessed... I tried sugar, then salt for the ice, both were too small granules.
    I found some coarse sea salt in the cupboard, put some in a bottlecap and sprayed it
    with the clear enamel. while still clumpy and sticky I put it into the tub, made
    some holes with a tooth pick and then placed the bottles.

You're welcome here anytime Paul.
  • edited November 2021
    screwjack 01

screwjack 03
  • brownbr said:

Great Job Kevin. You'll love that product Pap. AK makes something similar but I've only used the Tamiya myself

and it smells delicious!
  • Now Kevin, put the 7up labels on the HO version. O scale much easier :smile:
  • edited November 2021
    I'm struggling to get pics fully focused right now, tech issues, the last two pics are OK though.

trio 01

trio 02

Drilled out one of the coke bottles, clear coated the INSIDE of the bottle for clarity and added a straw.

trio 03

trio 04

trio 05
  • Insane !!! Never seen details THAT good. !!!
  • Dang Karl. Now you're just toying with us.
  • a straw.? what next? alphabet soup?
  • One of the empty gas cans here. I'm working on getting the galvanized steel color down. I mixed up a bit of light gray with adamantium and another bit with a lighter silver. sponged them on randomly together. Added a couple rust spots, a bit of dust and some spilled fuel. The only thing missing is the cap dangling from a chain.23757ECB-9A6F-4C6B-9E4A-ED0BEC6A124A
  • Remarkable work. Love seeing this level of detail!
  • Love all the detail ideas. Straw in the soda bottle in insane!
  • Karl that gas tank is stupendous. The coke bottles are not too shabby either. Something to aspire to. I guess that's the point of this website.
  • edited November 2021
    Karl.A said:

I'm struggling to get pics fully focused right now, tech issues, the last two pics are OK though.

trio 01

trio 02

Drilled out one of the coke bottles, clear coated the INSIDE of the bottle for clarity and added a straw.

trio 03

trio 04

trio 05

what did karl use for the straw?
    my guess: he plucked a bristle out of his toothbrush.

• edited November 2021
    Karl, your work is fantastic and thanks for sharing with all.
    Keep up your great work!
  • I should be happy to struggle as good as Karl. Unreal pal.
  • Kevin, now stick a straw in your 7up HO version. May have to use a hair strand :smiley:
  • edited November 2021
    pap,
    i plan on using one of my wife's hairs for fishing line when i install the fishermen on my norton's diorama.
  • edited November 2021
    Thanks for the great comments, Robert, Bryan, Kevin, Rusty, Tom, Joel, Chris and Mike.
    So rewarding to read you all and much appreciated.

Love the 'wet' look you got on the fuel spills Bryan, so authentic for something in use.

I'm going to enjoy seeing every ones results with these incredible details that SWSM (Brett) is shipping. I'm looking forward to getting and seeing some new ideas from you all as you show your work on these amazing details.

Keep the inspiration coming.
  • Thanks Chris, we're all here to help and learn from each other.
    I'm looking forward to see what others can do with these incredible parts
    from Brett/SWSM.
  • Agree with that Karl.
    I now have all of brett's 3D HO parts and just going to take my time as I'm currently working on the Scotia Supply build.
    Your 3D painted parts are insane!!..
  • TMI HA HA. Hope she’s volunteering…LOL
  • These pictures make me want to throw everything I've ever done in the trash. Amazing stuff. Great work guys.
  • edited November 2021
    lol Jim..have patience . I started the SW kits 2+ years ago and felt the same way at times.
    The great Folks here got me through it and still learning as we all are.
    We are all learning each day on this great hobby from all the great folks here.
    I still to this day mess up but find a way to fix and ask the folks here for suggestions.
    Hang in there and take your time :smiley:

Pap