visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• me too! it's just been repurposed;
  • edited November 2021
    KKarns said:

No Problem Tom.

here is a 3D Coffee Mug/Pitcher/Pot that Brett had me mess with...I refuse to detail anything smaller! lol...Done in the vintage blue & white speckled Enamelware.

IMG_1650

Now that just aint right !!!!

When I opened my delivery yesterday I thought my coffee mug was a tiny chip I'd broken off from one of the other amazing details until I put my strong glasses on and realised it was actually another separate item, a danged coffee cup to go next to the exquisite coffee pot.

• Any other method to make this would turn out to be an unrecognizable blob! Hollow mug, hollow handle, lip around the top and bottom...are you kidding me!
  • edited November 2021
    Yeah you got that right Ken, these are incredible to work with.

I didnt want to copy you so I did mine white with blue speckles and a blue rim.

Also my guy takes his coffee with sugar, so, I gave him a spoon to stir it with.

coffeemug03
    coffeemug02

• Damn...a spoon! Should have thought of that...snooze you lose.lol
  • I cant believe he actually printed those. Especially in HO. That was supposed to be a joke when I sent that file along with the coffee pot.
  • Can't believe you guys actually got that small thing painted so well. Both look great.
    Spoon..... seriously?? Too funny!!
  • Nice. Bonus points on the spoon.
  • Yikes, you guys are killing it !!
    Ken thanks for the info/technique on the gas can, much appreciated.
    And I really like the Reaper Ruddy Brown ...
    Well I'll stay tuned as you guys continue to push the envelope.
    Thanks again and be well,
    --Paul
  • Ken great job as usual. You are the man!!
  • Pretty cool Emery. I have that mug already glued down to my machine shop porch scene for Eureka Springs!...looks great...once you find it! (Jacket and hat...turned out fat!)

No problem Paul and thanks much.

Appreciate that Pap!
  • edited November 2021
    brownbr said:

Nice. Bonus points on the spoon.

Thanks Bryan,
    Brett's details are without question the best, and these are the best of the best.
    But, sometimes you've just gotta detail the details.

Thanks Emery, Paul and Ken.

• edited November 2021
    I HATE this 'rough' (not SWSM) two piece phone in my locoshop (hence the quick, half hearted finish on it) ..... maybe one day there will be something better and more refined available... just saying... hint, hint...

It's one of the only three non-SWSM detail parts in that entire build, out of probably a thousand, and more, or so,
    but, I wanted it pure SW.

desk02

• Bonus points would normally be awarded here for the eraser tips on the pencils and the folded paper. However, since you have stepped up the game with spoons in coffee mugs, bonus points will only be awarded in this scene for a bookmark in a book and/or a feather in the fedora.
  • Thanks Bryan...I knew there had to be something that we could point out since I was thoroughly upstaged by the spoon!...yeah, yeah no bookmark and no feather...come on Karl!
  • a little bit larger than a cola nut.
    juicier too.

case of 7up
  • Very nice
    Terry
  • Excellent Kevin!!..what did you use for the green bottles? Gallery Glass paint?
  • Love it, very convincing.
  • Pappy said:

Excellent Kevin!!..what did you use for the green bottles? Gallery Glass paint?

pappy,
    it's tamiya clear green.
    terry and brett,
    thanks

• Thanks Kevin!
  • Just ordered through Amazon...last 2 bottles...thanks again Kevin!
  • Just fantastic
  • kebmo said:

Pappy said:

Excellent Kevin!!..what did you use for the green bottles? Gallery Glass paint?

pappy,
    it's tamiya clear green.
    terry and brett,
    thanks

Great job on these Kevin, the clear green sure looks convincing !!
    Well done,
    --Paul
  • Great Job Kevin. You'll love that product Pap. AK makes something similar but I've only used the Tamiya myself
  • edited November 2021
    Pap… there’s also clear yellow
    Terry
  • Now will be looking for other clear colors like Coke....don't start...lol
  • Hah! Chris is going down the rabbit hole now boys!
  • edited November 2021
    Yep, mines on order Terry, should be great for those awesome quart oil bottles that Brett has available. Resizing some labels right now in PS for those little beauties.

Ha Brett, the rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper...