visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

What's Next...? (Including an update on the Riverfront)

Haven't done this in a long time. Always super fun and interesting.

Work on the HO Scale Riverfront continues. No timeframe for release so there's no need to bring that into this discussion here please. Did learn a lesson with this one (you think I would have already got this by now). Made the announcement on this way too soon, guess I got a bit too excited about this project! If you reserved one rest assured that once the kit is ready to go you will be receiving the early bird email directing you to the page on my site where you can actually order one.

OK, back to the question at hand:

What would you like to see? Might be a totally new idea or a re-release. Whatever is on your mind. It's SW so needs to be in my wheelhouse...

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Wish list in O scale:
    New structure: shingle mill
    New non-structure: log unloader
    Re-release: Mack trucks
    Upscale from HO: engine house/machine shop...your choice on which one but something for the machinery
  • O Scale: Blacksmith Shop, Saw Filer Shack w/ Saw Car and Eureka Springs. Maybe even a backwoods Oil Car and Tool Car.
    Hector
  • I vote for something new, but I do not have any suggestions. Whatever you decide Brett, it will be amazing. I kind of like how you have been interjecting a few classics back into the mix every once in a while as a limited run, but I always look forward to new kits.
  • An O-Scale Machine Shop, one that could live across the way from the Sawmill :wink:
  • Re-release of the HO Scale Sawmill.
  • An O-Scale Machine Shop, one that could live across the way from the Sawmill :wink:

Craig I assume you mean the building? That would be great!!

Jerry

• edited July 2021
    I agree with all the suggestions so far. I'd love to see Karl's version of the O scale loco shed as an o scale partworks. I do like the idea of small highly detailed kits too.
    A weird suggestion would be an old derelict mom and pop place with a battered gas pump out front. An homage to the works of Chuck Doan. A nice tiny structure with loads of details.
    Truth is what ever you design I will build. Just looking for many more years of building the best models out there.
  • Thanks Brett for the update on the Riverfront..take your time. It's going to be another Master Piece !!

I do have two more kits coming from you that will keep me busy for quite a while.
    Still working on the HO deer Creek mine and taking my time.

If I had a choose which to re-release, thinking on the HO version of the Saw mill but would be nice if all wood included :wink:

Pappy
  • Admin,

Your a clever man and I have spent untold hours building your kits. I appreciate your work. I hope I helped you sell a few sawmills when I posted building mine.

I have everything I wanted in previous kits and I would like to see a new one incorporating a "riverfront." HO first and then an O version.

You must of had some broad concept beyond the couple of sentences in the reserve page. Do you have any original concept drawings to share?

Mitch
  • Jerry said:

Craig I assume you mean the building? That would be great!!

Jerry

Yes, a building for all those fine machine shop details!

• i'd love to see an o scale foss landing.
  • kebmo said:

i'd love to see an o scale foss landing.

Never thought of that one! Great pick!

Jerry

• Keep some kind of lower cost "beginner" kit in stock so the new folks can get their feet wet before diving into one of the bigger kits. Patiently awaiting the Riverfront. Bob
  • What I think would be cool would be to add a 4th complex to complete Branchline Alley: an old cannery building and pier siding to be next to the Riverfront. Perhaps where the river opens up to a larger lake/ocean access.
  • edited July 2021
    Deer Creek Twin Mills.. in O Scale.
    I really want to upscale that beauty...
  • edited July 2021
    Or maybe the O scale sawmill in HO...
    Probably a more fiscally beneficial alternative to my previous suggestion.
  • Karl.A said:

Deer Creek Twin Mills.. in O Scale.
    I really want to upscale that beauty...

Are we talking really BIG!!! Now that would be a great undertaking on the party making it come to life and the people building it!!

Jerry

• edited July 2021
    Dave R did it in F scale on his Sundance layout.
    O scale would be small compared to that, a mere 6'x6'....
    Dave always did say "go big or go home"... ha

I guess you're right Jerry, but one can still dream...
  • Scotia supply in O scale would be fun. Ive always loved the look of that one.
  • edited July 2021
    Here’s something I’d LOVE to see from SierraWest.

An alley scene. Think “Main Street” or “Railroad Camp”, but with 4-6 businesses in a row, opposite one another:

Blacksmiths, Cobblers, Haberdashery, Knockeruppers, Chimney Sweepers, Clock smiths.
  • Hmmmm...not a bad idea, Rusty

Terry
  • edited July 2021
    I'm with Karl. A HO scale version of Sturgeons Sebastopol sawmill please!

• There are a lot of good ideas already posted above (+1 O Scale Twin Mills!).

Answering this question, I feel like a kid prepping his list for Santa Clause. That being said, I gave no consideration to the production requirements, potential market or any other possible business hurdles. Here are a few on my wish list:
    *multi-stall roundhouse
    *saloon
    *backwoods water tower
    *drying kiln

Also, I’d LOVE to see a selection of SW wooden bridges and trestles. Yes, there are plenty already available but there aren’t any that are “SierraWest” quality unique in their design and final appearance.

As far as re-issues, the Cat tractor and Mack Truck (and since I’m dreaming, how about an SW line of era-appropriate vehicles?)

Finally, I’ve long been fascinated by the towers and cable tram at Pino Grande. It’s been modeled before:
    http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=5583&forum_id=60&page=7

Ok, that’s all.
    Any idea when I can pre-order these?
  • Bill said:

There are a lot of good ideas already posted above (+1 O Scale Twin Mills!).

Answering this question, I feel like a kid prepping his list for Santa Clause. That being said, I gave no consideration to the production requirements, potential market or any other possible business hurdles. Here are a few on my wish list:
    *multi-stall roundhouse
    *saloon
    *backwoods water tower
    *drying kiln

Also, I’d LOVE to see a selection of SW wooden bridges and trestles. Yes, there are plenty already available but there aren’t any that are “SierraWest” quality unique in their design and final appearance.

As far as re-issues, the Cat tractor and Mack Truck (and since I’m dreaming, how about an SW line of era-appropriate vehicles?)

Finally, I’ve long been fascinated by the towers and cable tram at Pino Grande. It’s been modeled before:
    http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=5583&forum_id=60&page=7

Ok, that’s all.
    Any idea when I can pre-order these?

Bill most of these can be pre-order on September 31, 2021!!

Jerry

• Ok, mind blown!
  • Yes the alley scene/business's would be great and also an HO scale version of the O scale sawmill, which would fit my smaller logging layout better than the larger sawmill kit. Either way, all good suggestions here.
  • Lots of great suggestions here. Really appreciate the input!

HO Scale version of the O Scale Sawmill Project is in development. With the advent of 3D Printing the machinery becomes a real possibility and thus also the kit.

O Scale will see a machine shop and the re-issues of the CHB Machinery along with some new machines... hmmm.

The third kit in the O Scale railroad camp series is in the near future.

I also have a few new smaller backwoods kits I want to do in both HO and O.

Still want to produce a shingle mill in O Scale. That has been on my list for a long time. Karl has been doing some research on that project...

Lots to do!
  • oh boy [rubs hands together with vigah]
  • Looking forward to the Shingle Mill and part 3 of the camp.
  • Take your time Brett.
    I just put a deposit on the HO version Twin Mills.!!!