visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#300 O Scale Mill Engine and Boiler House. Karl.A

edited July 2021 in O Scale Builds
Started the build in 2010, finally finished 10 years later.
Roofs are done, just not on in these pics.

Karl.A

Comments

• Nice Build Karl..what is the tower looking thing?
  • edited January 2021
    Thanks Alan.

The tower takes the drive shaft from the mill engine and raises it up to the required height to connect to and drive my shingle mill next door.
    Having the boiler and engine built separate from a mill was a common thing in case of fire, if the boiler blew up or 'whatever' the company would only need to replace the engine house and not the entire mill.
  • Oh, the track is just there for a finished diorama look temporarily.
    That will be removed and the shingle mill placed, the upper driveshaft enters the mill and drives the machinery within, does that make sense?
  • Now, you're spoiling us, another super diorama !!!
  • Love it, hoist support is superb as is the work shed.
  • Thanks Robert and Brett.
    Roofs just placed on, and not 100% yet, good enough for now. Some scary close ups with a few things to fix.

Karl.A
  • Great work, Karl
    Terry
  • this is fantastic Karl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Couldn't agree more...
  • Always liked this build
  • Once again fantastic stuff.
  • Wow! Glad to see yer back at it!!
  • Looking at these pictures starts me thinking about the shingle mill project... with 3D printing the ability to produce the crazy machinery suddenly becomes a realistic possibility. hmmmmmmm
  • hmmmmm indeed. Bring it on.
  • A whole new world of possibilities has just opened up! Look forward to see what your creativity can muster!
  • First time I've seen this. Is it a bit like the truck repair?
  • Karl, great work as always. I like the fact that the structure is not square to the base. I also really like the gas pump. Phil
  • Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments.
    Me too Phil, its a great detail to have out front and draw you into the scene.