visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SWSM-Cyclopedia (an index of techniques)

13»

Comments

• I am having the same issue trying to download this amazing piece of work
  • For those having trouble downloading this and receiving the error message described by ALCO, you may have more success with a different browser. I use an Apple iMac and was receiving the same error message on both iPad and iMac. I was using Safari as my default browser on the iMac and I'm pretty sure that Google and Mac don't play nicely together.

I switched my browser to Google Chrome and hey presto, the problem disappears. I figure it has something to do with the ePub being in Google Books, and using Googles own browser ensures it works.

Hope this helps.

Grant
  • Great resource. Very well done. Easy to download. I put the PDF on my desktop and read a few pages each evening.
    regards
    Malcolm
  • I had no problem downloading it on my PC. I too have saved it to my desktop and read a little at a time. Great resource. Thank you Terry for creating it.
  • i was able to download it with no problems. i saved it to my desktop.
  • Okay....so here's what Google books suggested.....I turned off the DRM Encryption (whatever that is) and they also think the size of the file (2.92 gb) might have something to do with the error message.

After shutting off the encryption I tried D/L the pdf file and it seemed to work okay. If the problem actually is because of the file size, I'll have to redo the book into multiple volumes, which I just don't have time to do in the foreseeable future.

For those who have gotten the error message if you want to try one more time and see what happens...

Terry
  • Thanks Terry for all of your efforts on this. Such an incredible amount off work that I am sure everyone appreciates!!
  • Terry, I don’t think that file size is the problem. I think it has more to do with the internet browser people are using. See my post above about switching from Safari to Google Chrome (for Mac users). I think trying it with Google Chrome, regardless of PC/MAC choice, would be a good first step for those having issues.

Grant
  • kebmo said:

i was able to download it with no problems. i saved it to my desktop.

thank you again terry.

• It wasn't working for me with google chrome on my PC or on either of my google devices. I switched browsers on my PC to one I almost never use and it downloaded fine, so it might actually have more to do with browser history/cookies/downloaded cache...so maybe clearing your browsers cache and history might do it. Or try a different browser on the machine...
  • I am using Chrome. I turned off "Fireshield" and it worked finally. Thanks for all your efforts. Extremely helpful.
  • WOW!! One hell of a book!! Thanks for all that info.

Jerry
  • I used a Mac with Safari ver 16 and it worked fine. Bob
  • I was able to download it yesterday afterall with a Chrome Browser. Thanks Terry
  • What a fantastic initiative !! Thanks Terry !!