visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

SWSM-Cyclopedia (an index of techniques)

Comments

• Okay, here's the link. It can be read online or downloaded. It's a large file (500+ pages) so it might be a lengthy d/l on a slow connection. There's an index at the back of the book.

I began this project because I needed a way to easily access the great tips the modeler's on the forum so readily shared. Compiling books is somewhat a hobby for me (I've done 6) and with this book it's a work in progress as the tips and techniques just keep on coming. Each tip or technique gives credit to the modeler and the thread it came from.

enjoy and happy modeling
    Terry

https://www.google.com/books/edition/SWSM_Modeler_s_Tips_Tricks_and_Technique/JrYREAAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=0
  • terry,
    i'd love to download it. can you put the link to it up?
  • Thank you again Terry for making this happen
  • If Terry is ok with the following I will proceed:

I would like to delete everything but the intro and link in this thread to make it easier for folks to navigate and find the link. What an amazing resource! I will make the thread sticky and lock it down as well.

Thoughts from everyone?
  • Sounds good to me
    Terry
  • I went to the link and looked it over. didn't have time to read it all, but it is a GREAT resource. Thanks Terry for compiling all that information. Brett I don't know what you mean by "thread sticky" but would be great resource if it were readily available here.
  • Definitely
  • that would be most excellent kind sir!
  • i followed terry's link. holy moly!!
    what a ton of time that must've taken to compile. i did it for one of robert/s builds and it took a long time and i only had to go through one thread to do it. i can't image the work it took. kudos terry, and thanks.
  • edited October 2022
    Your welcome, Kev and everyone else. I hope it’s as useful to you as it is to me. Problem is, I’m way behind in bringing it up to date…..you guys all keep coming up with these great techniques and I have trouble keeping the book updated.
    The majority of the entries are the ones where the technique has been explained how to do it as well as the pix to support the text.
    Terry
  • Incredible. What a brilliant idea.
  • Jeroen….oh, Pa Shaw (blushing)
    Terry
  • Hey Terry, this is absolutely amazing. I am wondering, I'm sorry If I am just not seeing it, is there a way to download this so I have access when I am not online? Thankyou so much for sharing this as a resource!
  • Ben….I’m sure you can download it….I remember seeing a “buy book” button, or something similar….there’s no charge for the book but “buying “ it might let you d/l it
    Terry
  • What a brilliant resource and such a great contribution Terry - thank you so much!
  • Thanks so much Terry. Beautifully done.
  • Terry, thanks for a great resource. I downloaded it, now all I need to do is to find a way to save it so I can get to it with only a click or two. Thanks Randy
  • Thanks Terry. This is great
  • Anybody able to download a pdf version? I got a “file/link not found error.
  • edited October 2022
    I just tried for you and it worked no problems.
  • edited October 2022
    ALCO, I would also like to know how to do that also. Unfortunately I am a techo present
  • when it comes to the computer. Thanks, Randy
  • edited October 2022
    Click the link above given by Terry to get to the first screen.

Next Click the "Download PDF" button on that page as shown below.

SWSM on Google 01

The PDF will open on your screen.

To save it Click on the "save icon" as shown below.

This will open a window asking where you want to save it as seen below.

SWSM on Google 02

If you want to just print it the icon to the left of the "save icon" is the "print icon".

Hope it helps.
  • When I click on download to PDF I get an error message saying not found on this server.
  • Just the intro and link is a great idea for a sticky for this information. That will make it so much easier for modelers to find this great resource.
  • I am also in the 404 error group on multiple devices

• To all those who are getting this error when you click “Download PDF” (404. That’s an error. The requested URL /books/download/SWSM_Modeler_s_Tips_Tricks_and_Technique.pdf?id=JrYREAAAQBAJ&output=pdf was not found on this server. That’s all we know.), are you using a PC/Windows or a MAC/iPad? I’m using an iPad myself.
  • I was able to download the file on my PC. Then I uploaded it to iCloud so I can access it on my iPad.
  • I still get the same error on my PC.
  • I have an inquiry going with Google Books……why do I think the response will be “it’s a supply chain issue” ;-((