visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Classe B Dargeeling locomotive

Hi guys, in between SW builds, I am building this Classe B Dargeeling locomotive. On14. It rides in India and the Himalayas / Tibet
All made from a partial construction kit in brass, bronze and a few white metal parts. For now the chassis is ready . I'm testing it 's fonction on rolls ( I don't know if this is the exact word) The blue one is the real thing..

It was released in only 15 copies / building kits, by our Narrow gauge model club/study group called GEMME for the national historical museum in France for a cultural exchange.
http://www.gemme.org

DSCN4940

DSCN4941

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-17 om 12.34.33 kopie

:)

Comments

• That will be a very unique model. Great start....Rick
  • Very interesting model. Will it have a Yeti engineer for the Himalayas?
  • Yes Sahib, (whilst shaking the head ) traaain will surely come , if not todaaaay, surely tomorrow... :smiley:
  • Very nice. Phil
  • Robert keeps upping the ante...A man of considerable skill.
  • There is something special about these European loco's. They have that romantic appearance that our geared logging enjoy. Wonderful work, thank you for sharing!
  • An upcoming project was dropped so I have time to finish this locomotive. Here is the cabin

DSCN4982

DSCN4983

• Did you have to add the rivets or were they cast in?
  • The rivets were marked and I had to push them out. So, you're both right.. :wink:

And here she is: The Class B Locomotive from the Darjeeling Himalayan Railways
    Painting will be for the warmer and drier months.

DSCN4988

DSCN4991

DSCN4992

And here's the real thing...

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-10 om 19.00.48

• Amazing modeling. Painting will be a challenge when you get to it......Rick