visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

O'Neils with another name

Comments

• Very nice painting and weathering of the details!
  • Such beautiful work Jose,
    a natural touch and effect you have on every aspect of your modeling.
    Wonderful and inspiring to look at.
  • Friends, thanks for the comments.

I keep moving forward putting the little details.

SDC_0216B
    SDC_0214B
    SDC_0217B
    SDC_0220B
    SDC_0218B
    SDC_0221B
    SDC_0210Bb
    SDC_0212Bb
    SDC_0213Bb

Greetings.
    JM
  • Wow, just wow. I have to keep reminding myself this is HO Scale. The weathering is wonderful and the details superbly done. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us!
  • admin said:

Wow, just wow. I have to keep reminding myself this is HO Scale. The weathering is wonderful and the details superbly done. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us!

I'm with Brett on this one. Wonderful modeling!!

Jerry

• Brett already said it. "Wow, just wow!" I can't add anything to that but a hearty thankyou for posting......Rick
  • Outstanding modeling and detail work. Wow is right !!
  • Friends, thank you very much for the comments, I'm glad you like it.
    Some night photos to verify that the electrical installation works.

SDC_0224B
    SDC_0225B

Greetings.
    JM
  • Very nice Jose. You are doing a great job and the results are stunning. Phil
  • edited February 2021
    Thank you very much Phil.

I'm almost done, this is coming to an end, but there is still more to do.
    Some photos from all angles of how this work is.

SDC_0247B
    SDC_0248B
    SDC_0249B
    SDC_0250B
    SDC_0251B
    SDC_0252B
    SDC_0253B
    SDC_0254B
    SDC_0256B
    SDC_0257B
    SDC_0258B
    SDC_0261B
    SDC_0262B
    SDC_0263B
    SDC_0264B
    SDC_0265B
    SDC_0266B

Greetings
    JM
  • Great presentation
  • Nice Modeling.....Look's Great
  • Jose. This is the best one yet be proud.......Carl...........
  • Your scenery work is outstanding! Love your placement of details as well.
  • Jose,

The craftmanship of the modeling is realistic and impressive to say the least, as well as the 17 additional phots you have shared for our great pleasure and delight. It is always pleasure to see your modeling here on the forum. I always look forward to your next postings. I hope to see much more of your SierraWest Scale Models featured on this forum in the future.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ.
  • One of the best versions Ive seen of this kit. WOW. Well done
  • Very professional and creative build. I certainly look to your build as a reference for my build. Thanks for leading the way. Phil
  • Some of the absolute best HO Scale modeling I have ever seen! Best rendition of O'Neills Fabrication without question...Ken
  • The structures and detailing are first rate. The greenery transports them to a time and place that allows us viewers to really experience an immersive experience!! Thank you for sharing!
  • KCSTrains said:

Very professional and creative build. I certainly look to your build as a reference for my build. Thanks for leading the way. Phil

Me too! Great work, and a mark to shoot for!
  • Friends, thank you very much for your comments, I like that you like it.

The diorama is practically finished.

On this scale, H0, I am not into putting figures because they subtract realism from the dioramas and the figures are grotesque to me, but I have found some quite good ones made in 3D and I have chosen to put a few, thus humanizing the diorama. They are painted in oil and have taken a long time to dry.

SDC_0284B
    SDC_0286B
    SDC_0287B
    SDC_0288B
    SDC_0289B
    SDC_0290B
    SDC_0291B
    SDC_0292B
    SDC_0293B
    SDC_0295B

Some night photos.

SDC_0296B
    SDC_0297B

Greetings
    JM
  • The figures look incredible, amazing painting in HO.
  • I like the figures as well. You painting of the castings is awesome. I hope mine come out that well. I'll be using your pics for reference
  • Those figures look so naturally posed and placed! Wonderful.
  • Many thanks friends.

I made many photos under the direct light of the sun from different angles and perspectives. I hope you can use some of the reference photos.

SDC_0300B
    SDC_0301-EditarB
    SDC_0302-EditarB
    SDC_0305-EditarB
    SDC_0306-EditarB
    SDC_0307-EditarB
    SDC_0310-EditarB
    SDC_0311-EditarB
    SDC_0312-EditarB
    SDC_0314-EditarB
    SDC_0315-EditarB
    SDC_0318-EditarB
    SDC_0319-EditarB
    SDC_0320-EditarB
    SDC_0321-EditarB
    SDC_0322-EditarB
    SDC_0325-EditarB
    SDC_0327-EditarB
    SDC_0328-EditarB
    SDC_0329-EditarB
    SDC_0330-EditarB
    SDC_0331-EditarB
    SDC_0332-EditarB
    SDC_0333-EditarB

Greetings
    JM
  • Jose,

Wow! 35 additional photos for us to savor. What can one say about the modeling and photos except that it is among the best of the best. The photos from different perspectives with the figures make the viewer feel as though they they are in the scene themselves. Your selective choice of depth of field and camera placement in this photo in particular shows that you have a mastery not just of incredible modeling but of photography as well.
    http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/760/Q56F1SW7QQ2F.jpg
    You have brought a level of artistry to our hobby that everyone, model railroaders, structure aficionados, camera buffs and lovers of art alike can appreciate and enjoy.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • I can only echo what everyone already said. This is super work. Well done José.
  • The scenery, LP, vehicles, etc complement the structure and bring the whole diorama to life