visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

O'Neils with another name

Comments

• brownbr said:

What material do you normally use?

I usually use cardboard and plastic.

• Although it is outside the topic I put a couple of pictures of what I'm doing with cardboard and plastic at the same time O'Neills.
    In addition to plastic and cardboard there is photo-etched and brass.

SDC_0033Bb

SDC_0035Bb
  • Wow, fantastic !
  • Great work Jose! Amazing to see what you are doing with the cardboard and plastic.
  • Superb, what a joy to see your work. What scale?
  • Thank you, I like that you like it.
    admin said:

.... What scale?

It is H0
  • Jose, outstanding and believable work. Wow. Phil
  • Fantastic work Jose. !!
  • You would be very welcome Ed, everybody by the way... Jose, if you got the time, I think we all would like to see some layout photos. Now that you teased us with your work... :wink:
  • Thank you all for the comments.
    Robert.G said:

.... Jose, if you got the time, I think we all would like to see some layout photos. Now that you teased us with your work... :wink:

Robert, if it's okay with you, I'll open another thread so as not to mess up this one with photos of other designs.

Greetings
    Jose Manuel
  • Beautiful..... love it all
  • Nice work, you obviously have the stucco modeling down cold!
  • Great looking stuff! It's always nice to see something to aspire to!
  • Thanks friends.

I keep moving forward with Balboa.
    The welding shop canopy.

SDC_0103Bb

SDC_0104Bb

SDC_0101Bb

SDC_0102Bb

Greetings.
    JM

• Looks awesome!
  • Continued great work. Phil
  • Really pretty!
  • Jose,

Would it be possible to add another photo in the series you just completed in your last magnificent posting giving us a view of "the Spanish adventurers stairway" dead ending into the wall before other structures interfere with a close up view? I think just another slight rotation would do the trick.
    I am thoroughly enjoying your careful documentation of this build. Your photography and selection of poses is spot on. As Ed has said, "a treat for the eyes". In the USA we modelers often refer to this as "eye candy".

Thanks, Dave S Tucson, AZ
  • Friends, thank you for your comments.

Ed, it's funny that you compare me to two golf stars. It is a sport that does not attract me much, but what a coincidence, I live in front of a golf course, near hole 10. You watch me from somewhere.

Dave, I've done these three takes, I hope they work for you.

SDC_0105Bb

SDC_0106Bb

SDC_0107Bb

Greetings.
    JM
  • Jose,

The three additional photos are perfect. Basically they show exactly what I hoped to see.
    I sent you a personal message through the forum.

Later, Dave S.
  • edited November 2020
    Ed, neither does soccer, I like basketball and tennis.

Dave, I saw the message, I answered you.
  • Thanks to you Ed, and to all of you.

More progress with Balboa. The bracket for the oil tank and tank.

SDC_0111Bb
    SDC_0110Bb
    SDC_0109Bb
    SDC_0112Bb
    SDC_0108Bb

Greetings.
    JM
  • Just keep getting better!
  • It certainly is a pleasure to see this model come together. Your detailing is incredible.
  • Custom stencil and all.
  • If mine comes out 1/4 as good I will be happy..... phenomenal!
  • Jose,

The colors, tones, weathering and details you have established in this set of photos is incredible. Behind every nook and cranny there is something hidden to explore. I look forward to each new set of photos and stage of your build. Thanks for documenting in such a detailed manner. It is quite enjoyable to follow your creative work.

Over the period of years that I have been a member of the SWSM forum group I have been exposed to an immense amount of talent and and an explosion of creativity. But what strikes me most about this group is the camaraderie and the willingness of fellow modelers to share their experience and creativity so openly. For that I am truly thankful.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ.
  • edited November 2020
    Many thanks friends.

Yes, I made a template with a typeface very similar to O'Neills, same length and height, and laser cut it.

If you look at the oil tank, you will see that it is upside down. I didn't notice that detail and have fixed it by adding a styrene strip to the bottom. You will see it in future photos.

Greetings.
    JM
  • When I started as a cabinet / furniture maker about 25 years ago, my mentor told me that the difference between a good craftsman and a great one is that the great one can hide the mistakes that he WILL make. No one is perfect. You have proven this concept very well Jose!! That looks just wonderful.
  • edited November 2020
    Friends, thanks for the comments.

Another little progress, the wooden fence.
    SDC_0113Bb
    SDC_0115Bb

And what I told you yesterday, the styrene profile that I placed in the lower part of the oil tank, due to the big mistake I had.
    Not bad, not if you come to appreciate.

SDC_0114Bb

Greetings.
    JM