visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Deer Creek Mine in the Desert - Final Photos

edited October 2020 in HO Scale Builds
It's finished!!! It took me way too long, but I am very proud of the results. Not only did I want to build the Deer Creek Mine, I wanted to put it into a very unique scene. I believe I accomplished that. I really like doing scenery and this desert scene is what I had hoped to accomplish. I hope you enjoy the photos. Phil

Total Build - Angle - Small
Total Build - Back- Small
Total Build - Front - Small
Total Build - Front2 - Small
Head Frame Junk -  Small
Head Frame Junk2 - Small
Head Frame Junk3 - Small
Hoist House Back - Small
Hoist House Close - Small
Hoist House Front - Small
Hoist House Front 2 - Small
Hoist House Front3 - Small
Hoist House Front4 - Small
Junk Pile - Small
Junk Pile Long View - Small
Road - Small
Road2 - Small
Tipple - Hoist House - Small
Tipple - Hoist House2 - Small
Tipple House Front - Small
Tipple House Front2 - Small
Total Build - Angle - Small
Total Build - Back- Small

Comments

• I'm still studying photos, but what a fantastic build. You really did capture the desert landscape so the mine looks right at home. So typical of the desert southwest mining.
  • Good grief Phil!...that is spectacular!...absolutely nailed the topography. What a show piece...I refuse to make any other comments until I grab a drink and study things...Lol.
  • this is really a great looking diorama Phil, and coming from a guy who lives in the desert you have done a great job in capturing the desert landscape. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks for the wonderful comments. You guys taught me to use reference material and I found a great picture (below) to keep me in line for the desert.

IMG_2146
  • it really was worth the wait. that's got best in show written all over it.
  • Wonderful Phil. I love the mine in this setting, looks so natural. The reds look great against the natural colors of the scenery.
  • Amazing, Phil
    Terry
  • Like the desert scene a lot. The backside shot really shows this off.
  • That is a great scene. Love the mine.
  • Wonderful diorama and with a nice presentation.
  • Contest quality build again! Realistic rust everywhere.
    I really like your chemical dump on the other side of the hill. Logical.
  • Thanks all for your comments. Mitch, I had to put in a chemical dump for realism. Of course, this mine is not on the EPA's inspection list.

Now it's time to clean my craft room and put things up. I have an exciting new project that I will announce very soon. Phil
  • Excellent work Phil! You really captured the dusty desert scenery.
  • i had to go back and study the pics. that might be the most realistic looking diorama i have ever seen. its fabulous. i'm gobstopped.
  • Wow Kevin. That’s the ultimate compliment and greatly appreciated. I’m glad you like it. Phil
  • Great job Phil! Really like the rolling hill setting, and the rusted barrel dump. The weathering and texture of the wood buildings is spot on! The close up shots really show off the great detail work.
  • Wow! That is amazing Phil!
  • Phil, what did you use to get the rusty look on the rails? They look great
  • Tom, I make a rust mixture of chalks and take my brush and dip in alcohol, spin in the chalk and then onto the rail. Repeat as much as you need. Phil
  • Definitely gonna give it a try. Thanks Phil
  • Nice build...like to terrain around the old mill...